|Release date||24 April 2017 (Update)|
|Reward||Cosmetic overrides, emotes and more|
|Head developer||Mod Krista, Mod Mohawk|
|Preceded by||Summer Beach Party|
Spring Fayre is a seasonal event, similar to the Summer Beach Party, that was released on 24 April 2017 and lasts until 5 June 2017. Its release was preceded by a pre-event activity called Build-A-Fayre, which was released on 18 April, where players helped to build the Helter Skelter. The fayre is located in Lumbridge Crater.
Participating in activities requires the player to spend fayre attraction tokens, 100 of which are obtained for free each day. More tokens can be bought for Rune Coins in the tickets and tokens stall. All activities give various amounts of Fayre prize tickets. Activities include:
Agility funhouse (m)Edit
Agility funhouse is an activity located in south-west corner of the Fayre, next to eastern exit. It functions similarly to regular agility courses. Each lap costs 10 tokens and awards Agility experience.
Bucking Baroo is an activity located in north-eastern corner of the Fayre, in which player tries to stay on top of the Yak by using the correct option on the interface (Left or Right), if the player fails to do so, he or she falls down. The correct option is displayed above the arrows. Each match costs 10 tokens and awards Defence experience.
Candy floss machineEdit
Candy floss machine is an activity that allows players to gain Cooking experience and a chance to obtain the candy floss maul. There are 2 machines in the Spring Fayre grounds. The machine costs 2 tokens per experience drop.
Chinchompa Hunt (m)Edit
Players obtain the Chinchompa hunt map from Menowin. The map is 5 columns by 6 rows. Once per day, players can click on one of the map squares for free to win a prize. To play more than once per day, players must spend 40 tokens per play.
The hunt runs for 4 weeks, with a different cosmetic outfit reward each week. If the player does not obtain all pieces of the outfit, then they may buy them using fayre prize tickets in the following week.
Claw-dia Stall (m)Edit
The Claw-dia Stall is a claw crane game machine located in north-western corner of the Fayre. It awards a guaranteed prize box which contains at least two items, among which may be prismatic lamps and fallen stars. Each use of the machine costs 50 tokens and the machine may only be operated twice per day. Using this gives only 6 tickets.
The Dancing Platform is an activity led by Dixie and Mixie, it is located in south-east corner of the Fayre. It functions similarly to Serenity posts, players stand on the platforms and attempt to follow the emotes done by the leaders. It awards Prayer experience and costs 2 tokens per experience drop.
Easter Egg ShyEdit
Easter Egg Shy is an activity located in south-eastern corner of the Fayre, in which players attempt to hit Easter eggs with various objects. Those include:
- Cabbages, which have a lower chance to hit but give higher experience
- Chinchompas, which have a higher chance to hit but give lower experience
Each successful hit costs 1 token and awards Ranged experience.
Festive egg huntEdit
Festive eggs can be found around the fayre. Collecting them is a sub-requirement to unlock the Fairest of Them All title (there are additional requirements to obtain title). Festive eggs have no other use and can be destroyed after being found, as keeping them is not required for the title. Collecting the eggs does not require tokens.
|Either Bank chest (east or west of the Helter Skelter)|
|Any hay bale found within the area|
|The stage that Menowin is standing on|
|Tickets and tokens stall|
|The Mighty Zoltan|
|Fortune teller's tent|
|Easter Egg Shy|
|Big Chinchompa portal (while inactive)|
|Cart west of the Test of strength machine, north of the Candy floss machine|
The Hook-a-Duck is an activity located in south-eastern corner of the Fayre. There are various different rods that you can use in this activity which affect the experience you get, and your chances of success. Each successful action costs 1 token and awards Hunter experience.
The Mighty Zoltan (m)Edit
The Mighty Zoltan is located slightly east of the Helter Skelter. Operating it awards one of the 17 mis-fortunes and Divination experience at the cost of 10 tokens per fortune. It is possible to get duplicates.
Test of strength machineEdit
Trixie's scavenger hunt (m)Edit
Thieving experience is awarded in the form of a medium XP lamp for bringing items to Trixie from a random set list. The list is generated at the cost of 10 tokens. For each new list, another 10 tokens are required. It is possible to buy a new list to replace an old one if the items are not to your liking. Trixie is located in the north-west corner of the crater.
Occasionally a Happy Hour occurs which allows players to do most of the activities without using any tokens, gain 10% more experience from activities, but only have a chance at receiving one ticket per successful action rather than the usual six.
Happy Hour is starting at the Spring Fayre! Gain increased XP and don't spend tokens whilst taking part in activities at the Fayre!
Jagex Moderators can also manually trigger a Happy Hour, by talking to Menowin. Prior to the automation update, all Happy Hours were manually triggered. If a Happy Hour is activated by a Jagex Moderator, the following message is broadcast:
Mod [Name] has started Happy Hour at the Spring Fayre! Gain increased XP and don't spend tokens whilst taking part in activities at the Fayre!
|81 (F2P) and 82, 83, 84, 85, 88 (P2P) (English)||118 (P2P) and 55 (F2P) (French)||102 (P2P) and 122 (F2P) (German)||47 (P2P) and 94 (F2P) (Portuguese)|
|Free||Agility funhouse (Agility)|
|Bucking Baroo (Defence)|
|Candy floss machine (Cooking)|
|Dancing Platform (Prayer)|
|Easter Egg Shy (Ranged)|
|Helter Skelter (Constitution)|
|Pickaxe wanging (Mining)|
|Test of strength machine (Strength)|
|The Mighty Zoltan (Divination)|
|Retains cost||Chinchompa Hunt (Cosmetic overrides and consolation prizes)|
|Claw-dia Stall (Event mystery box)|
|Trixie's scavenger hunt (Thieving)|
|Fortune teller (Experience boost)|
Distraction and Diversion portals (m)Edit
- Big Chinchompa portal
- Evil tree portal
- Familiarisation portal
- Fish Flingers portal
- Guthixian Cache portal
- Sinkhole portal
- Shooting Star portal
- Waiko portal
Most rewards can be purchased via the three rewards shops by speaking to Nixie, Rixie, and Prezleek during the event. They can also be awarded randomly by participating in the fayre events, which gives the message Whilst playing games at the Fayre you find - <token>. Rewards include cosmetic overrides, emotes, pets and a special title, The Fairest of Them All.
|Pickaxe hat token||Fayre Pickaxe Hat||100||97,697||976.97|
|Crystal ball token||Fayre Crystal Ball||100||72,201||722.01|
|Fortune cape token||Fayre Fortune Cape||500||716,707||1,433.41|
|Mallet token||Fayre Mallet||900||2,050,816||2,278.68|
|Hypnotic parasol token||Hypnotic parasol||1,100||1,963,558||1,785.05|
|Zoltan pet token||Zoltan||1,200||2,118,157||1,765.13|
Items here are all sold by Nixie, who can be found just to the north of the stage beside the Bucking Baroo activity.
|Fayre dancer emote pack 1 token||Dance Step and Samba Step||100||99,183||991.83|
|Fayre dancer emote pack 2 token||Skip Step and Twirl Step||100||82,643||826.43|
|Test of strength emote token||Test of Strength||500||739,295||1,478.59|
|Bucking yak teleport token||Bucking Yak teleport||600||1,071,305||1,785.51|
|Contact juggling resting token||Contact Juggling Resting||600||1,112,590||1,854.32|
Items here are sold by Prezleek.
|Yak balloon token||Yak balloon||1,000||2,216,456||2,216.46|
|Yak plushie token||Yak plushie||1,200||2,129,929||1,774.94|
The title [Name] the Fairest of Them All is awarded for completing all parts of the event that are available to the player: free to play and ironman players do not have to complete requirements that are not available to them.
|Find all 10 festive eggs.|
|Talk to all NPCs at the Lumbridge Crater that have dialogue. See table below.|
|Interact with all available activities. See #Activities above.|
|Own all of the items that can be bought with Fayre prize tickets worth a total of 8,000 tickets.|
|NPCs with dialogue at the Spring Fayre|
|The Mighty Zoltan|
The following are not required to receive the title:
- Collecting all misfortunes.
- Owning all outfits from the chinchompa hunt.
- Completing a whole map of the chinchompa hunt.
On the day of the Spring Fayre's release the event received negative feedback from players due to the limited accessibility of the content. The amount of fayre attraction tokens that the player received each day allowed them to participate in the fayre's activities for only a minimal amount of time, and therefore earn a limited amount of fayre prize tickets. Players believed that the amount of prize tickets gained from using only the free daily attraction tokens was not sufficient to unlock all of the rewards from the event and that it would be necessary to purchase additional attraction tokens using RuneCoins or participate in Happy Hours if they wished to obtain all the rewards.
- The amount of prize tickets earned when using up tokens (in other words, at any time outside of Happy Hour) was increased to 6 times the original amount.
- The number of worlds for Happy Hours was increased from 4 to 6, the frequency of Happy Hours was increased, and more times suitable for American and Australian players were added.
Happy Hours received negative feedback throughout the first few weeks of the event because of the manual work required by Jagex moderators to start them. This resulted in scheduled slots being missed, started late, or started too early. From 4 May 2017, Happy Hours were automatically activated on a schedule. 
- The Saradominist preacher was relocated south of the Lumbridge castle west gatehouse (back entrance) for the event.
- Due to players originally being able to skip the animation for the pickaxe wanging activity, which allowed them to earn a very high amount of Mining experience and tickets by increasing the amount of actions that can be performed over a tick, a hotfix was released on 26 April 2017 to stop this.
- On 26 April 2017, the happy hour bonuses were accidentally activated an hour before the scheduled time, so Jagex made it last the full two hours instead.
- Participating in the activities can still drop strange rocks and anagogic orts, among various other items that can be obtained through skilling. Manifested knowledge can also spawn when wearing the correct items. However, skilling pets can not be obtained (similar to protean items).
- As 1 May 2017 was a bank holiday in the UK, only one Happy Hour occurred that day, between 19:00-20:00 Game Time on the designated English worlds.
- Despite coinciding with a Double XP Weekend, experience gained at the Spring Fayre is not affected by it.
- ^ Mod Sayln. Spring Fayre Extension. 15 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-05-15.)
- ^ a b Mod Kalaya. PSA: Spring Fayre Happy Hours now automated. 4 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-05-04.)
- ^ Mod Krista. Spring Fayre Title - Recent Game Updates. 25 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-04-25.)
- ^ Mod Sayln. The Spring Fayre - Changes coming today. 25 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-04-26.)
- ^ Mod Shauny. Shaunyowns comments on Moment of silence for Pickaxe Wanging. 26 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-04-26.)
- ^ Mod Kalaya. JagexKalaya comments on Its happy hour right now, 1 hour to early :D. 26 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-04-26.)
- ^ Mod Sayln. PSA: Spring Fayre will NOT be effected by DXP.. 18 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 2017-05-19.)
|Cryptic Clue Fest||