Bandos Spiritual mage
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Slayer XP||85 / 75 / 106 / 86|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
The Spiritual mage is a potent magic user that can easily kill low-level players. Protect from Magic or Deflect Magic is highly recommended. Like all monsters in the God Wars Dungeon, they are aggressive to any players that do not show affinity to their god. For example, a Zamorak spiritual mage will be aggressive to all players that are not wearing a piece of Zamorak equipment. Spiritual mages require 83 Slayer to kill.
Spiritual mages are great droppers of various runes, essence and the famed Dragon boots.
Like most monsters in the God Wars Dungeon, these creatures may be safely attacked when they are engaged against another monster. Players should be careful when using this strategy, as when their opponent does die, their next target may be the player. This method is most effective against the Saradomin spiritual mages in the southeast corner of the main area of God Wars Dungeon, as they are commonly found fighting the werewolves (which have fairly quick respawn time). Their attacks are very accurate, even against players with high Magic defence. Because of this, a magic protection prayer is a must.
The main room only contains Saradomin mages. They are usually not recommended because even though there are a decent amount of mages, they are too scattered to be trained on efficiently. You will want to find another place to fight them, espically if you have 70 Agility or Constitution. However, most of the mages will be busy fighting off Zamorakians. You will want to bring Armadyl, Zamorak and Saradomin protection if you are camping the mages here. The best spot to kill them would be near the rope entrence. An Icefiend, Werewolf, Bloodveld and Gorak are usually fighting the Spiritual warriors and the two mages quite often.
Zamorak's Fortress is a great place, and is often the most targeted when players do not have 70 Agility. There are eleven spawns, three of them near the bridge, another two mid-way, and six of them at the end of the area. Free prayer recharges are somewhat rare though, as players do not kill the general unless they are on a Greater demon task.
There are eight mage spawns in the area. These mages have much more health then any other mage, along with increased defence, but lack the damage other mages have. They are usually not targeted by players because of this. They are also too far spread out, but if you can manage to camp them efficently, this will be a good place to train combat skills. Free prayer recharges can be found in the boss room, as in almost every world, many players are busy killing Graardor, giving you a one-way prayer recharge every 10 minutes.
There are several mage spawns in the area. They are usually busy fighting off Zamorakians, so players can easily camp them. Two ropes are needed if you have never come here before, along with 70 Agility. The prayer recharges may be free occasionally as there are groups that usually tend to stay at the boss room. However if the boss room is empty, it is not recommended due to the damage output recieved by the general, and the fact that the room is quite small alerting the general and her minions easily to attack you.
There are Armadylian mages here. However, there are only 3 mages fairly spread out throughout the Eyrie. This is usually not recommended as players need 70 Range to get through, along with other trinkets that will clutter up your inventory space. Players who are running low on food supplies may wish to kill Aviansies as they drop 5 swordfish at a time, though this is somewhat uncommon.
Recommended Equipment (melee)
- Helm: Full slayer helm/Black mask (on task) > Verac's helm > Helm of Neitiznot > Ganodermic visor
- Body: Proselyte hauberk > Verac's brassard >Initiate hauberk > Monk's robe > Ganodermic poncho
- Legs: Proselyte tassets > Verac's plateskirt > Initiate tassets >Monk's robe > Ganodermic leggings
- Amulet: Demon horn necklace > Split dragontooth necklace > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory
- Arrows: Saradomin OR Zamorak arrows
- Boots: Steadfast boots > Bandos boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots
- Weapon: Zamorakian spear > Saradomin sword > Abyssal whip > Brackish blade
- Offhand:Dragon defender > Rune defender
- Ring: Ring of wealth > Ring of life
- Aura: Reverence
- 10-16 Prayer potions
- Emergency teleport
- 1-3 pieces medium/high levelled food
- Climbing boots (if unable to use Trollheim teleport)
- BoB pouches and scrolls (Winter storage only)
Recommended Equipment (range)
- Helm: Full slayer helm/Focus sight (on task) > Armadyl helmet > Karil's coif
- Body: Armadyl chestplate > Karil's top > Royal d'hide body > Black d'hide body
- Legs: Armadyl chainskirt > Karil's skirt > Royal d'hide chaps > Black d'hide chaps
- Amulet: Amulet of ranging > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory
- Arrows: Saradomin OR Zamorak arrows
- Boots: Glavien boots > Snakeskin boots
- Gloves: Royal d'hide vambraces > Black d'hide vambraces/spiky > Red d'hide vambraces/spiky
- Weapon: Zaryte bow > Chaotic crossbow > Rune crossbow > Sagaie
- Offhand: Spectral Spirit Shield > God books > Spirit shield > Dragon defender > Rune defender
- Ring: Ring of wealth > Ring of life > Ring of recoil
- Aura: Reverence
- 5-8 Prayer potions
- Emergency teleport
- Climbing boots
- 5-12 pieces medium/high level food
- BoB pouches and scrolls (Winter storage only)
Ranging is their weakness, as mages in the combat triangle are weak to rangers.
There are four types of Spiritual mages:
- Saradomin, Armadyl, Zamorak and Bandos bases of the God Wars Dungeon
- The Saradomin Spiritual mages are the only ones that will wander in the main section of the God Wars Dungeon.
Warning: All monsters in the God Wars Dungeon are aggressive to any players that do not show affinity to their god. The entire dungeon is a Multicombat area, so failing to wear the proper gear can result in being attacked by melee, ranged, and magic by multiple monsters.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Air rune 11, 13 Common 143–169 Water rune 5, 9 Common 55–99 Nature rune 4, 9 Common 460–1,035 Chaos rune 1–6 Uncommon 41–246 Death rune 2 Uncommon 334 Astral rune 3 Uncommon 279 Law rune 2 Uncommon 380 Mist rune 3 Uncommon 1,428 Dust rune 1 Uncommon 9 Mud rune 2 Uncommon 342 Body rune 5, 12 Uncommon 25–60 Mind rune 5 Uncommon 20 Fire rune 7 Uncommon 84 Blood rune 2 Uncommon 556
Weapons and armour
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Dragon boots 1 Rare 24,590
Herbs and Seeds
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price File:Frozen key (Zaros).png Frozen key piece  1 Varies Not sold Pure essence 23 (noted) Common 1,564 Antipoison (3) 5 Uncommon 430 Spin Ticket 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,110 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 10,649 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,280 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,585 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,976 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,240 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,963 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,049 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 848,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,283 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,501 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,606 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,025–26,635 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 47,950–67,130 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 195 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,405–8,855 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,900 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,250–290 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 256,500–513,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 67,350–224,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,824,000–19,768,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,017–1,952,550 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 88,175–881,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 106,230–424,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 163,646–981,876 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,043,290 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,087 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 52,500–10,500,000
- ^ They seem to drop this item quite often. It is difficult to say if it is from the rare drop table or not.
- ^ The piece dropped depends on which god the mage was aligned with. Note that Saradomin mages in the main room will not drop them.
- Zamorakian and Saradomin spiritual mages seem to have a graphical glitch, where a small piece of what looks to be skin shows up on the bottom part of the robe tops.
- Spiritual Mages, along with Warriors and Rangers, prioritize other dungeon monsters ahead of players. You can use this to your advantage to safely attack with any type of combat, with little fear of retaliation. Bear in mind, however, that they can hit hard and kill their targets quickly, so be prepared to activate your protection prayers once this happens.
- These are the only monsters assigned by Kuradal that do not drop a Starved ancient effigy.
- When any Spiritual Mage attacks a familiar, they appear to use melee, but the damage dealt is magic damage. This may be a graphical error. This glitch was fixed.
- It is possible to poison them, however you will not receive the drops for killing them, whether or not the mage is in combat with another monster, even if you deal more damage than the monsters attacking the mage. This may be a glitch.
- While the other mages have attack speed 6, Bandosian Mages attack at speed 5, and Armadylian Mages have attack speed 7.
- The Bandosian Mages appear not to move from their spawn point. This may be a glitch.
- Zamorakian Mages use Flames of Zamorak, Saradominist Mages use Saradomin Strike, Armadylian Mages use Wind Wave and Bandosian Mages use Earth Surge, yet the damage is different from the spells that players can use.
- When Zamorakian or Saradominist Mages attack other monsters, their spell cast previously looked similar to the original animation for Two-handed swords from the release of RuneScape 2; however, when attacking a player, the Mage's spell looks exactly like how a player would cast Flames of Zamorak or Saradomin Strike. This was fixed, and they now use the proper animation when attacking monsters and familiars.
- Despite being a mage, if an Armadylian mage attacks a monster, it seems to do ranged damage. This may be a glitch by Jagex.
- The Zamorakian Mages seem to have necks, even though they are ghosts.
- The Saradomin Mages appear to be wearing Mystic robes. However, according to Armies of Gielinor, Saradomin Mages of the God Wars wore robes similar to what Mikasi wears.
- The Saradomin mage's Mystic robes aren't updated to the current blue mystic robes yet.
- When you kill a Spiritual mage, your Ring of wealth will "shine brightly" before the drops are seen. This also happens to other monsters such as General Graador.
- Also, if a item from the rare drop table appears, your ring of wealth will also shine again. This means while killing a Spiritual mage, it is possible to have your ring of wealth shine twice.
- While killing the Zamorakian mages, their bodies disappear right after they kneel to the ground. This might be an oversight from Jagex.
- While killing the mages, if their attack fails to hit you and your protection prayers are on, the splashing will only be seen. This is odd as other monsters do not show this.
- The drop rate of dragon boots is estimated to be around 1 in 64 and 1 in 86 kills.