Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Examine||Plant this in a plantpot of soil to grow a sapling.|
A spirit seed is a rare seed that members can use to grow a spirit tree at level 83 Farming. Although the assist system can not be used at any point to help others grow spirit seeds, boosts can be used, allowing players to grow the tree as early as level 78 with a pork pie.
There are three spirit tree patches, one each at Port Sarim, Etceteria, and Brimhaven. However, only one spirit tree patch may initially be planted at one time. After completion of the quest Prisoner of Glouphrie, players may plant and grow up to two spirit trees with level 86 Farming (81 with pork pie, 82 with stranger plant boost, or 83 with garden pie). After completion of both Plague's End and Prisoner of Glouphrie, with level 89 farming, players can unlock a third spirit tree by talking to Glouron inside the Crwys Clan district of Prifddinas. Players must pay each farmer separately to watch it if planting two or three spirit trees. Multiple spirit tree seeds may be planted in plant pots and grown into spirit tree saplings at the same time, but the number that can be planted is limited to the number you have unlocked. Once the spirit tree is grown or dies, it can be removed and another sapling planted.
Players must first plant the seed in a plant pot containing soil, water it from a watering can, and then wait for the seedling to germinate. They must then plant the spirit sapling in one of the three spirit tree patches, which are located south of the castle on Etceteria, in north-east Port Sarim, and north-east Brimhaven. These patches are attented by the following gnome farmers: Yulf Squecks (Etceteria), Frizzy Skernip (Port Sarim) and Praistan Ebola (Brimhaven).
How to obtainEdit
- Players can buy a spirit seed from Mrs. Winkin for 55,000 Vinesweeper points. Growing a spirit tree yields only 19,501.3 Farming experience, so players desiring experience would do better to trade Vinesweeper points for 55,000 Farming experience instead.
- Players who have completed Royal Trouble may occasionally receive a spirit seed from managing their kingdom (workers allocated to farming).
- Dropped by ganodermic beasts
- They may be obtained from Bird's nests, including nests from Miscellania and Etceteria (workers allocated to woodcutting maple or mahogany trees). This is considered the quickest method for obtaining the seed for players who do not have the slayer requirement to kill ganodermic beasts, as Mole skins or Mole claws can be bought and traded for bird nests. The average player can find a spirit seed from within 50-100 bird nests.
- The Motherlode Maw has an uncommon chance of awarding a player this seed.
|Payment||5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar, and 1 ground tooth|
|Time||3,520 minutes (11x320 minutes)|
|Seeds per||1 seed|
|1||The spirit tree sapling has only just been planted. It has not grown yet.|
|2||The spirit tree has grown slightly, and sprouted a few more leaves.|
|3||Some dark spots have appeared on the trees trunk, and the leaves have grown longer.|
|4||The tree has grown larger in all respects, and has grown more leaves.|
|5||The spirit tree base has widened showing some roots, and the leaves have morphed into a small canopy. Two small branches have appeared on either side of the trunk.|
|6||The spirit tree has grown wider in girth, but is still the same height as before. The base is larger as well.|
|7||The spirit tree has grown larger in all respects. The trunk is more warped towards the west, and the roots are more visible.|
|8||The spirit tree is larger in all respects. The trunk has grown in a 'S' shape.|
|9||The spirit tree has grown another knob on the trunk which will eventually become its nose. The tree is larger in all respects, and its branches are growing out to the sides more.|
|10||The spirit tree canopy shifts the angle its inclining towards, and its branches are almost parallel to the ground. The nose is more defined, and the tree is slightly larger.|
|11||The spirit tree branches are slightly angling towards the ground, and it is slightly larger than before.|
|12||The spirit tree canopy is smaller, the face is fully defined and the texture of the tree has changed dramatically. The Spirit tree is ready to be checked.|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.4%|