|Release date||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Summer's End|
|High Alch||42,000 coins|
|Low Alch||28,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||40,422 coins (info)|
|Examine||An ethereal shield.|
The Spirit shield was released on 15 September 2008 and is the reward for Summer's End. It requires 40 Defence, 55 Prayer and completion of Summer's End to wield. It can also be obtained as a drop from the Corporeal Beast, the Tormented wraith, the four level 79 Ghosts accessed by using Jennica's ring in the graveyard north of the western ruins, and Ghostly warriors. After Summer's End quest, Revenant dragons can also drop spirit shields, although the chance of it happening is rare.
A player wielding a spirit shield
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Corporeal Beast 210 1 Uncommon Tormented wraith 60 1 Rare Ghostly warrior 88 1 Very rare
- On the day of release, the spirit shields were listed in the Grand Exchange, but could not be traded and their image could only be seen in-game.
- Players originally needed 35 Prayer to wield a spirit shield, although 55 Prayer is required to complete the quest.
- The Spirit shield is much like the Godsword blade. Both items can be modified with 4 different enhancers that are dropped by high level bosses. Spirit shields use sigils while godswords use hilts. Please note, however, that unlike the godsword, the spirit shield cannot be altered once a sigil is attached.
- The Spirit shield is worn by Meranek Thanatos, the ghost that helps you slay the Spirit Beast and is actually the same shield - Meranek gives it to the player upon completion of Summer's end.
- While a player wearing a Spirit shield is hit by an opponent's attack, a unique sound is played, it is similar to the sound of getting hit when you are wielding any shield from the Elemental Workshop quests.
Spirit shields and sigils
|Lucky spirit shields|
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus