A spinning wheel is a piece of Crafting equipment used to spin fibres into strings. Spinning wheels are marked on the map by this symbol: .
The following table shows what fibres can be spun into what strings using a spinning wheel:
|Fibres||String||Level Required||Cost per Experience (gp)||Members only?|
|Wool||Ball of wool||1||41.1||No|
|Black wool||Ball of black wool||1||41.1||No|
|Sinew or tree roots||Crossbow string||10||7.4||No|
|Magic roots||Magic string||19||238.1||Yes|
Locations of spinning wheels include:
- Barbarian Village, south of the longhall
- Crafting Guild, on the 1stUK] floor[
- Falador, east of Wayne's Chains, and south of the Castle
- Gower farm, directly north of the entrance
- Lletya, in the same room as the Lletya Seamstress
- Lumbridge, on the 1stUK] floor[
- Neitiznot, in a building on the south-eastern part of the island
- Menaphos, in the Port district.
- Prifddinas, north of the Max Guild in the Cadarn Clan district
- Rellekka, south-west building with an Anvil, a furnace, and a Pottery oven
- Seers' Village, on the 1stUK] floor of the building adjacent to the cemetery floor[
- Sophanem, south of the altar/bank
- Burthorpe, north of the cowpen, near the Burthorpe mine
- Tree Gnome Stronghold, north-east of the entrance, directly north of Mieliki Tapio's hunter shop
- Witchaven, south-east building
The most commonly used spinning wheels are the ones located in Seers' Village, Lumbridge Castle, Burthorpe, and Prifddinas/Lletya, mostly for their proximity to something that can be spun, i.e. flax or sheep's wool.
The elven village of Lletya has the closest flax field to a bank. After banking large amounts of flax, the player may then choose to run back and forth between the spinning wheel on the north-western part of the town, in the same building as the Lletya Seamstress.
Other choices are Prifddinas, Seers' Village and the Tree Gnome Stronghold, due to the close distance between the spinning wheels and banks. Also, these wheels are located near flax fields.
Best spinning wheel to useEdit
There has been much dispute among crafters as to which spinning wheel is the best in RuneScape. Here is a list of advantages and disadvantages of the most useful wheels:
- Steps (extend the time between bank & wheel).
- Nowhere near a flax field.
- Not as close to a sheep field as Burthorpe.
- Technically closest spinning wheel to a bank, as there is no blockage in between (both doors of the spinning wheel's house and the bank are "jammed open").
- To get to the bank is just one click away.
- The yak field is very close, yaks drop hair which can be made into rope at a wheel.
- It is scarcely populated, which allows there to be hardly any discussion with others.
- Much better for serious crafters with large loads.
- The closest flax fields are outside of Rellekka, and in Miscellania.
- Requires partial completion of The Fremennik Isles.
- Close to a flax field and a bank.
- You can wear the Seer's headband 2 or better to speed up spinning by 33%.
- The time saved under ideal conditions (low ping, no closed doors, etc.) makes this spinning wheel the most efficient, timewise.
- Have to click on door and ladder to get to the wheel.
- Close to a flax field and a bank, very good when collecting flax and then spinning it to bowstrings.
- Located in the starting area, useful for new players.
- Closer to a sheep field than Lumbridge
- Wheel is father away from a bank than the wheels in Neitiznot and Lumbridge.