- For Spined larupia gear, see Larupia hunter gear.
|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Feldip Hunter area|
|Retaliation||Yes (maximum 50 life points)|
|Loot||Big bones and either tatty larupia fur or larupia fur.|
|Examine||If you tried to ride that, you'd just impale yourself!|
The Spined Larupia is a large type of feline-like animal found in the Hunter area south of the Feldip Hills. It somewhat resembles a leopard with spines on its back. Larupias are combat level 40 but non-attackable and are important in the Hunter skill.
Level 31 Hunter is required to hunt larupias, and they can be hunted using the pitfall trapping technique, giving 180 experience upon clearing the trap. Spined larupia fur can be used to make larupia hunter gear and Spirit larupia.
Players can make money by hunting larupia. If the player takes only the furs when banking and simply buries the big bones, there is a profit of around 35k per inventory, depending on how lucky the player is.
They can attack players, damaging up to 54, so it is better to be careful when hunting them.
- Fairy ring - AKS - Feldip Hills.
- Players can also take the Gnome Glider and walk south to get to Hunter area. (One Small Favour required)
- Home teleport to the Oo'glog lodestone
- Players can home teleport to Yanille and walk south. ( Walk by the clif to pass Feldip Hills.)
- Use a Ring of duelling and walk south towards the Feldip hills
- Teleport to Mobilising Armies and walk north-east.
- Fly from Eagle's Peak via Jungle Eagle (rope needed)
- Use a chartered ship to Oo'glog (As a First Resort... required)
|Profit||Skill requirements||Other requirements||Experience|
|1,122,990||31 (50+ recommended)||Fairy Tale Part II recommended||31,000 |
- They resemble the real life animals cheetahs and leopards.
- The armour made from the fur is not spotted like the larupia.
- When the player examines the larupia, it says "If you tried to ride that, you'd just impale yourself!". This is possibly a reference to the film "Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle" in which the main characters ride a cheetah.