|Release date||1 November 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You'd have to get another from the Dominion Tower face.|
|On death||Is converted to 9500 coins when under gravestone.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Some pretty fantastical gloves|
Players can choose between four different colours of Spellcaster gloves: black, white, yellow, and red. Additionally, the gloves have an animation that resembles blue flames coming off them. Spellcaster gloves degrade after four hours of combat and must be reobtained from the Dominion Tower afterward.
|[view] • [talk]|
When fighting with the gloves', the gloves will randomly execute a special attack that does extra damage. When cast on a player, it drains their attack, strength, and defence by 10%. This special attack will only trigger when the player casts combat spells.
Total level: 1,341
To unlock the option to receive Spellcaster gloves as a reward item from the Strange face, players must meet a number of requirements:
- Defeat a total of 500 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches. The victories do not have to be consecutive.
- Defeat the following bosses in the Tower at least once:
|Boss||Quest it's from|
|Decaying Avatar||Nomad's Requiem|
|Second Dagannoth Mother||Blood Runs Deep (Fighting her in "I eat Dagannoths for breakfast" does count.)|
|The Everlasting and The Illusive||Dream Mentor|
|Arrav||The Curse of Arrav.|
|Giant Roc||My Arm's Big Adventure.|
The skill levels required to complete the above quests are detailed in the box to the right. These effectively function as additional requirements to obtain and use Spellcaster gloves.
Degrading & reobtainingEdit
Spellcaster gloves degrade and fall apart after four hours of combat. Players can check the condition of a given pair of Spellcaster gloves by right-clicking them and selecting "check-state". It is important to note that, in contrast to most other degradable items, Spellcaster gloves count upward from 0% degraded (perfect condition) to 100% degraded (falling apart). For example, a pair of Spellcaster gloves that is 75% degraded has been used for three hours, and has one hour of usage remaining before falling apart.
While a pair of Spellcaster gloves cannot be repaired, it is possible to obtain multiple pairs from the strange face by killing another 5 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches; this will earn an invisible "reward credit" that can be exchanged for a pair of Spellcaster gloves, Goliath gloves, Swift gloves, or 100 dreadnips. The strange face will store up to 15 such "credits", after which they must be redeemed in order to earn more. A player may only have 3 pairs of Spellcaster gloves at any one time.
- The 5-boss kills to get a set of gloves can be used up for any dominion reward that requires 5 boss kills to get an item, such as dreadnips. It is possible to unlock but be unable to get the gloves on the 500th boss kill if you have taken dreadnips any time after kills 496-499.
- Spellcaster gloves along with all other Dominion Tower gloves do not display any particle effects in the Adventurer's Log.
- After the update on September 4, 2012, spellcaster gloves' particle effect is green. This has been fixed.
- Prior to the full release of the Evolution of Combat, Spellcaster gloves had a defence requirement of 80.