|Release date||23 September 2009 (Update)|
|High Alch||36 coins|
|Low Alch||24 coins|
|Destroy||You will need to chop down another special log if you destroy this one.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||The sawmill vendor might be interested in this.|
Special teak logs can be obtained while chopping down teak trees. They are obtained instead of the normal teak logs roughly 2.5% of the time, and yield the same amount of Woodcutting experience as normal teak logs when chopped. They cannot be obtained from Managing Miscellania. They cannot be lit for Firemaking experience. Juju woodcutting potions will send these logs directly to the bank.
Special teak logs have two uses:
- Sell them to the Sawmill Operator, north-east of Varrock for 1,300 coins.
- Exchange two of them for a completely free conversion of teak logs in your inventory into teak planks. You can convert up to 27 teak logs into teak planks each trip (2 noted special logs and 27 teak logs in inventory). This has a value of 13500 Gold pieces. This exchange can not be done with a single log, two must be in your inventory, but the sawmill will accept them as bank notes.
- Despite having a three-log image, this item is only referred to as "log" instead of "logs."
- If you have only 1 special log or 1 of each (mahogany and teak), the sawmill owner will only offer to buy your special logs.
- Special teak logs are one of two special logs in the game. The other being Special mahogany log.
- It weighs 0.1 kg more than an ordinary teak log.
- Sawmill operator won't tell the player the buyer 's identity because the log is priceless to the right buyer.
- The sawmill wouldn't take special logs in noted form until an update on 14 January 2013.
Tangle gum branches • Seeping elm branches • Blood spindle branches • Utuku branches • Spinebeam branches • Bovistrangler branches • Thigat branches • Corpsethorn branches • Entgallow branches • Grave creeper branches