|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Also known as||Skeleton mine, Wilderness coal mine|
|Location||North-west of Edgeville, level 12 Wilderness|
|Rocks||34 Coal rocks|
|Monsters||Skeletons, watch out for PKers|
|Main music||Unknown edit|
The South-Western Wilderness mine, also known as the Wilderness Skeleton/Coal mine, is located in level 12-14 Wilderness, just north of the Black Knights' Fortress and south of the Dark Warriors' Fortress. This mining site is a very rich coal mine, but players have to rely on running to safety or teleporting if attacked by player killers. This mine is recommended when the Mining Guild or other coal sites are crowded, or for players with a high combat level.
While it is rarely visited, it is in extremely close proximity to a Wilderness Warbands camp, and can become a dangerous area if the warband spawns here.
- The skeletons are aggressive to players of all levels. They stop being aggressive after around 10 minutes.
- If players want to avoid additional monster encounters, they should travel north/south along the edge of the Black Knights' Fortress.
- The closest bank is in Edgeville.
- This is one of the spots for a Wilderness Shooting Star.
- Because of the large amount of coal present here, this place is excellent for players wishing to use Superheat Item to smelt ores into bars.