|Also known as?||Skeleton mine, Wilderness coal mine|
|Location||North-west of Edgeville, level 9 wilderness.|
|Rocks||34 Coal rocks|
|Monsters||Skeletons, watch out for PKers|
Also known as the Wilderness skeleton mine, Skeleton mine, or Wilderness Coal mine. Level 9 Wilderness makes the PKing hazard a little worse than at the Steel mine. The Southern wilderness site is a very rich coal mine, but players have to rely on running to safety or teleporting if hunted by pkers. This mine is recommended when the Mining Guild or other coal sites are crowded, or for players with a high combat level. However, there are relatively few PKer encounters at this mine.
- After about 10 minutes the skeletons will stop attacking you whatever level you are.
- Located due north of the Black Knights' Fortress, and if players want to avoid additional monster encounters, they should travel north/south between the mine and the ridge.
- The closest bank is the Edgeville Bank.
- This is one of the spots for a Wilderness Shooting Star.
- Because of the large amount of coal present here, this place is excellent for players wishing to use Superheat Item to smelt ores into bars.