|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||Contains the energy of countless trapped souls|
Soul obelisks may appear in Menaphos periodically. They can be interacted with to gain a large amount of city reputation (85 reputation per 5 seconds), Runecrafting and Prayer experience, at the cost of dealing some damage to the player over time. If the player does not have level 50 Prayer, double experience is gained in Runecrafting instead from the obelisks.
After a teaser for the Magister, the obelisks started spawning in Menaphos and will remain in the game for the foreseeable future. It is unclear whether or not this soul obelisk is the same as the one found at Soul Wars, which was built by Oreb's pupil, Nomad.
- Multiple soul obelisks may be spawned in at any given time in multiple worlds, with one obelisk per world.
- Each soul obelisk lasts 7 minutes and 30 seconds before despawning.
- When an obelisk spawns in a world, there is a game message: A soul obelisk has spawned in the [district] district of Menaphos!
- They will not spawn for 60 minutes after a game update has gone live.
Up to 20,000 reputation can be gained per day from the obelisks. Attempting to interact with an obelisk after reaching the cap prompts the following message: "Your soul has been weakened too much by the soul obelisk. You cannot attempt to hold back the soul obelisks any more today." This limit is reset at 00:00 UTC each day.
|West of the entrance to Shifting Tombs in the Merchant district|
|East of the entrance to the grand library in the Imperial district|
|On the west side of the Port district|
|South-east of the mines in the Worker district|
- Players should bring food to heal when needed while interacting with the obelisk. To heal without interrupting the obelisk interaction, players can put food on their hotbar and then press the appropriate key. Expensive spices will increase the effectiveness of food. An Enhanced Excalibur will also grant life points while only taking up one inventory space.
- Players can right-click the entrances to Shifting Tombs in order to quickly travel between districts in Menaphos. This is useful for locating obelisks, and going to the available bank and Grand Exchange in the Merchant district.
- Beware that the damage from the Soul Obelisk does not activate a portent of restoration, phoenix necklace, or ring of life. A sign of life does get activated upon death and interrupts the channelling so that no more damage is received.
- Players who die will visit Death to reclaim their items, or respawn in the Menaphos Plaza. Players who expect to die should bank valuable items prior to going to the obelisk.
- Previously participating in a duel with another player would heal the player instantly when initiated, however since 3 July 2017 it is not possible anymore to duel while interacting with the soul obelisk. Interacting with the soul obelisk will cancel the duel.