|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Strongest monster||See list of monsters below|
|Quests||Icthlarin's Little Helper|
|Inhabitants||Corrupted creatures, Soul devourers|
The dungeon can be easily reached through the following methods:
- Teleport to Pollnivneach, and take a carpet to Sophanem, running south upon arriving.
- Use the rocky entrance near the starting point of Icthlarin's little helper and run south upon arriving in Sophanem.
- The fastest method is to use a Sophanem Slayer Dungeon teleport tablet. The ability to craft them is gained upon reaching rank 4 with any of the Menaphos factions.
- Use the Menaphos Lodestone, go through the gate connecting the two cities and run south-east. Using this method requires completion of Contact!.
- Teleport to the Luminous wisp colony south of Sophanem via a Max Guild's skill portal and head north for the dungeon.
|Monster||Combat level||Slayer level||Weakness|
|Corrupted scorpion||98||88||Water spells|
|Corrupted scarab||101||91||Fire spells|
|Corrupted dust devil||107||97||Crush|
|Corrupted kalphite marauder||110||100||Arrows|
|Corrupted kalphite guardian||110||100||Earth spells|
|Corrupted worker||113||103||Water spells|
|Salawa akh||106||105||Water spells|
|Feline akh||109||107||Water spells|
|Scarab akh||122||109||Fire spells|
|Crocodile akh||115||111||Water spells|
|Gorilla akh||111||113||Water spells|
|Imperial mage akh||130||117||Arrows|
|Imperial warrior akh||130||117||Water spells|
|Imperial ranger akh||130||117||Crush|
To kill the monsters in this dungeon, the feather of Ma'at is required in the player's inventory. One is consumed for each kill, unless the player has unlocked the overall reputation reward slayer feather buff at 141,900 reputation, which has a chance of preventing the feather from being consumed. They can be obtained from Shifting Tombs, or from the Menaphite guard outside the dungeon.
There are twelve different types of monsters in the dungeon; six are labeled as "corrupted", while the remaining six are labeled as "akh" (soul devourer). Both of these can be assigned by Kuradal, Morvran and Sumona (some monsters can be killed for another task, e.g corrupted kalphite marauders for a kalphite task). The first half of the dungeon contains corrupted creatures, while the second half contains soul devourers. As players venture deeper into the dungeon, stronger monsters will be encountered.
The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon also has multiple chests throughout the dungeon; one at the entrance, another near the salawa akhs and a final one near the First Gate. The chest will automatically gather drops generated during a session, reducing the need to manage the inventory during a task. Players may opt to disable the auto-loot feature if desired. If the auto-loot feature is disabled, there is a 20% chance for monster drops to be doubled. If the player dies with loot collected in the chest, they can either pay a small fee (which increases as the total value of items held in the chest increase) or forfeit all of the items inside.
The dungeon also has a corruption feature, which is obtained by killing the monsters. The amount obtained depends on the monster being killed; for example, imperial warrior akhs give 5% corruption, while a gorilla akh only gives 2%. For every stack (1%), the player will deal and take 1% additional damage. This caps at 25% and can be cleaned with the feathers of Ma'at, or at the Font of Elidinis (found throughout most of the dungeon). Leaving the dungeon by any means will automatically remove any corruption the player has. This feature is very useful for obtaining fast kill rates, though players should be careful, as the monsters can deal more damage.
Once aligned with a faction, players can gain reputation from killing the monsters in the dungeon. The stronger the monster, the more reputation is awarded.
Players start off in a three room catacomb containing only corrupted scorpions, scarabs and lizards. There are two shortcuts in this area: one near the scorpions that drops players off to the feline akhs, and another near the scarabs that drops players off to the gorilla akhs. At the corrupted lizard room is a rope that leads to the remaining section of the dungeon. To unlock these shortcuts, players must remove the boulder blocking the way in the second half of the dungeon.
In the next section is a spiral path going down, where the remaining corrupted monsters can be found. At the base of this section, soul devourers can be found. A bridge heads deeper into a more developed area, where the imperial guard akhs (warrior, ranger and mages) are found. The First Gate is right past this group, where the Magister resides.
The dungeon has several features, including signature drops which are shared by the common monsters:
- Corrupted magic logs - tainted magic logs, these can be fletched for more Fletching experience (nothing is created from it), or burned for Firemaking experience.
- Vital spark - used to create several unique sigils.
- Key to the Crossing - a special key which allows players to battle the Magister. The Magister is currently unavailable and cannot be fought until three weeks from the dungeon's release.
- Corrupted gem - a gem that can be combined with a mighty slayer helmet to create a corrupted slayer helmet, a tier 80 helmet (in addition to 1000 slayer points).
- On release, there was a bug where the chest ignored the player's luck of the dwarves ring, resulting in them getting drops that would be filtered from it, such as flax and molten glass. This was hotfixed on 20 June 2017.