Solomon's General Store is a micro-transaction-based store released on 17 July 2012. The store is shaped like a giant elephant, is run by a genie known as Solomon Madini, and is located south of the Grand Exchange in Varrock.
The store sells a variety of unique customisation skins, titles, hairstyles, and other items for the player to purchase. All transactions in the store are done with runecoins, which are purchased with real world money; however, members gain access to 1 free item a month. All members are given a 10% discount on every item in the store.
The General Store can be accessed from the same interface that contains Treasure Hunter, Bonds and Membership, which can be accessed from the main interface, marked with a gold pendant with a ruby embedded in it. It can also be accessed by entering the elephant south of the Grand Exchange, although it is faster to simply use the interface.
The store has four mannequins outside, two male and two female, which Solomon uses to display his latest items. The pets and customisation screens can also be accessed by one of the two doors besides the main one, although there is no benefit to doing so.
Many of the outfit and accessory overrides have recolourable sections on them. The available colours for most are:
The following pages contain information on the stock available in the store:
Currently Free (m)Edit
- February - Bank Booster +50
- March - Brutal Club
- April - Frog Transformation
- May - Esquire/Ms Title
- June - Squid Tentacle Cape and Seaweed Hair
- July - Parasol 2H Sword
- August - Kalphite Greathelm
- September - The Wild Title
- October - Full Manchu and Feathered Witch
- November - Revolutionary Mask and Hat
- December - Gnome Air Teleport
The store itself caused a great deal of controversy at launch as the items are only obtained by using real world money. Many players voiced concerns over further microtransactions, however, many others were pleased knowing that this store was purely cosmetic, unlike Treasure Hunter. With the introduction of Solomon's Pets and Bank Boosters, some players argue that these items give an in-game advantage, and are not purely cosmetic.
- After 9 October, Jagex made it so that teleportation spells will have a random animation, chosen from those a player has bought, played when he or she chooses to teleport. This was suggested on the RuneScape Forums. This was later changed to a cyclical system to prevent the random order being used for gambling.
Assist System • Chat (Quick Chat)(Spam filter)(News) • Choose Option • Developer console • Game controls • Main Menu • Make-X • Trading interface • XP Counter • Money pouch (Price Checker) • Activity Stream • Wealth evaluator