Solomon's General Store is a micro-transaction-based store released on 17 July 2012. The store sells a variety of unique customisation skins, titles, hairstyles, and other items for the player to purchase. All transactions in the store are done with runecoins, which are purchased with real world money; however, members gain access to 1 free item a month. All members are given a 10% discount on every item in the store.
As of 22nd October all items that can be purchased with both Loyalty Points and RuneCoins, have had their Loyalty Point prices reduced by up to 40%. You will be refunded the difference if you have purchased any of these items prior to this update.
Many of the outfit and accessory overrides have recolourable sections on them. The available colours for most are:
- Dim grey
- Slate grey (default)
- Ivory white
- Hot pink
- Navy blue
- Royal blue
- Sky blue
- Lawn green
- Forest green
- Saddle brown
Currently free (m)Edit
- February - Bank Booster +50
- March - Brutal Club
- April - Frog Transformation
- May - Esquire/Ms Title
- June - Squid Tentacle Cape and Seaweed Hair
- July - Parasol 2H Sword
- August - Kalphite Greathelm
- September - 'the Wild' Title
- October - Full Manchu and Feathered Witch
- November - Revolutionary Mask and Hat
The store itself caused a great deal of controversy at launch as the items are only obtained by using real world money. Many players voiced concerns over further microtransactions, however, many others were pleased knowing that this store was purely cosmetic, unlike the Squeal of Fortune. With the introduction of Solomon's Pets and Bank Boosters, some players argue that these items give an in-game advantage, and are not purely cosmetic.
- After 9 October, Jagex made it so that teleportation spells will have a random animation, chosen from those a player has bought, played when he or she chooses to teleport. This was suggested on the RuneScape Forums. This was later changed to a cyclical system to prevent the random order being used for gambling.
Assist System • Chat (Quick Chat)(Spam filter)(News) • Choose Option • Developer console • Game controls • Main Menu • Make-X • Trading interface • XP Counter • Money pouch (Price Checker) • Activity Stream