|Release||29 May 2018 (Update)|
|Dormant: Logged on just for the fight.|
In battle: Are you not ent-ertained? Is that not why you are here?
Defeated: Erethdor has logged out.
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|240 / 160 / 80|
5 ticks (3.0s)
Solak, the Grove Guardian is one of the Guardians of Guthix and can be fought at The Lost Grove. He is deemed as one of the strongest bosses in-game, with 8 million life points. His drops include tier 92 dual-wield blightbound crossbows, the strongest crossbows in the game.
There is a hard cap of seven players to fight Solak, though there is also a duo mode, which is similar to the standard fight but the mechanics are changed to accommodate for the smaller team size.
Defeating Solak is required for The Reaper title which remains required for the completionist cape. Solak is a requirement for the Final Boss and Insane Final Boss titles. The title [Name] the Guardian of the grove is achieved from obtaining all drops from Solak's collection log.
Solak is a creature of the Anima Mundi, like Vorago and Telos, and a Guardian of Guthix who defends the Lost Grove from those who want its power. He is referred by the inhabitants of the grove as a "Walker".
Solak was tasked in protecting an island that is inhabited by smaller creatures of the Anima Mundi. During the Second Age, Seren sent four elite elf warriors to aid Solak in his task. However, one of these elves, Erethdor, became tempted by the power of the grove and attacked Solak in an attempt to control it. The fairy Bub thinks of the elf as pure darkness. Erethdor was defeated through the combined efforts of Solak and his siblings, sealing half of his mind within Solak himself and the other half within a strange glowing orb in Merethiel's possession.[source needed]
After this battle, Solak knew that he was "broken" and told the elves to leave and inform Seren of Erethdor's betrayal. He then sealed the grove, knowing that he could not let Erethdor use it at his own will. The fairies tried everything to contact him, along with humans building temples to worship him; however, the religion died out as he never responded.  The grove would not be in contact with the outside world until the fifth year of the Sixth Age. By this time, Erethdor had completely corrupted Solak, with the Guardian being mentally weak and unable to resist him after thousands of years of keeping him at bay.
Shortly afterwards, the World Guardian allied with Merethiel and a group of adventurers to release Solak from Erethdor's control. Erethdor battled the team with Solak's body and all of his powers at his disposal, but near the end of the fight the World Guardian managed to enter Solak's mind and found a fragment of Erethdor's consciousness remaining, who attacked the player. The World Guardian defeated the image of Erethdor, weakening his hold on Solak, but Erethdor then created numerous manifestations of himself which attacked what little remained of Solak's own consciousness in a final attempt to retake control. The World Guardian defended Solak by fighting off the manifestations while their allies in the physical world defeated Solak's body, finally freeing him from Erethdor's possession.
After the battle, Merethiel expressed guilt at what her brother did and her failure to stop him, but Solak, now freed from Erethdor's influence, reassured her that she was not to blame for her brother's mistakes.
Dying during a kill where the team successfully completes the kill will result in the player being marked as being owed loot, as long as they remain logged in on the same world. Drop rates are the same for both duo mode and 7-man mode.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 2,500 kills.|
20 charms are dropped at a time.
Primary table dropsEdit
|Grimy kwuarm||155–200 (noted)||Uncommon||851,880–1,099,200|
|Rune hasta||30–45 (noted)||Uncommon||400,680–601,020|
|Onyx bolt tips||128–165||Uncommon||876,544–1,129,920|
|Hydrix bolt tips||100–183||Uncommon||944,600–1,728,618|
|Rune 2h crossbow||29–85 (noted)||Uncommon||245,572–719,780|
|Wine of Saradomin||15–25 (noted)||Uncommon||1,076,445–1,794,075|
|Crushed nest||200–250 (noted)||Uncommon||422,600–528,250|
|Grimy cadantine||170–198 (noted)||Uncommon||491,130–572,022|
|Rune bar||70–85 (noted)||Uncommon||968,520–1,176,060|
|Runite ore||81–104 (noted)||Uncommon||956,043–1,227,512|
|Black dragonhide||252–341 (noted)||Uncommon||903,672–1,222,826|
|Grimy irit||156–200 (noted)||Uncommon||532,896–683,200|
|Uncut dragonstone||76–96 (noted)||Uncommon||865,716–1,093,536|
|Off-hand Blightbound crossbow||1||Rare||520,897,446|
|Erethdor's grimoire (token)||1||Rare||18,470,676|
Secondary table dropsEdit
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Purple mushroom||1||Very rare||4,129,938|
|Merethiel's stave||1||Very rare||10,205,337|
|Imbued bark shard.||1||Very rare[d 1]||Not sold|
- Wood Kill Again ( 5) - Defeat Solak several times depending on the tier.
- So-lacking in drops ( 0) - Obtained a collection of unique drops from Solak.
- It was revealed at RuneFest by Mod Pi that Solak was originally called Kalos.[source needed]
- Solak's initial concept art was changed after it drew comparisons to League of Legends champion Maokai.
- Solak is voiced by Doug Cockle, an actor and director who also played Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher game series.
- There was a global broadcast after Solak killed 1, 100, and 100,000 players, specifying which individual died on the milestone.
- P at rick and Ghost Team achieved the first kill in a duo.
- AP 2121, Zirazzy, idrm, The Mehukas, zalttar, lEEch and Afrodite achieved the first kill in 7-man mode. 
- Solak's examine text in battle is a reference to the movie Gladiator.
- ^ February - The Month Ahead Q&A. 7 February 2018.*
- ^ May - the Month Ahead. 1 May 2018.*
- ^ Solak Showcase. 22 May 2018.*
- ^ Mod Mark. "RuneScape Reveals." 23 September 2017. RuneScape News.
- ^ Bub, "The Lost Grove", RuneScape.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ RuneScape. RuneScape Behind the Scenes – The Origins of Solak.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Iago's Twitter account. 29 March 2018. Mod Iago: "A huge congratulations to P at rick & Ghost Team for being the first people to defeat Solak in duo mode! Was amazing to watch, well earned guys! 👏 I may or may not have screamed 😁."
- ^ First 7man Solak but no announcement (not mine).*