Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||379 coins (info)|
|Examine||Clay soft enough to mould. Used in Crafting (1).|
Players can also use Humidify from the Lunar Magics spellbook to turn an entire inventory of clay into soft clay at once (no Crafting experience will be awarded). To create pottery, soft clay must be used on a potter's wheel and then fired in a pottery oven. The exceptions are clay rings and clay skulls which are made directly in the inventory. In addition, clay skulls do not need firing in a pottery oven.
Clay can be quickly mined at the following:
- Clay can be mined at the Crafting Guild and used with the sink in the Guild to make soft clay. Using the sink with the clay will automatically turn your entire inventory of clay into soft clay or, alternatively, have two buckets of water in inventory rather than a sink. This can then be formed and fired all within the Guild. This is a rapid way to make an inventory of urns, which can then be runed and banked at the deposit box located inside the guild or the bank chest at the Clan Camp, east of the guild.
- Mine at Rimmington Mine, wet the clay at the well just to the south. Deposit in the Customs Locker (further south, needs Rocking Out quest). In the absence of the quest, wielding a Clan Vexillum and equipping a Ring of Kinship will allow for quick teleports and banking.
- Burthorpe's mine and using the well just outside it, banking near the Warrior Guild chest.
Normally, mined clay must be converted to soft clay with water. However, with a bracelet of clay equipped, players can mine soft clay directly, without having to add water. The bracelet crumbles to dust after 28 soft clay are mined. Also, when mining clay the bracelets affect the extra clay gained from Varrock armour, but do not remove extra charges from the bracelet. This means one bracelet can actually be used to acquire more than 28 soft clay.
Since the soft clay mining site already provides soft clay, the bracelet of clay gives an additional soft clay each time. This does not remove extra charges from the bracelet, nor from a porter. The Varrock armour works here as well, making it possible to mine 4 soft clay for only one charge.
|Level||Item||Spinning Exp||Firing Exp||Total Exp|
|19||Plant pot (m)||20||17.5||37.5|
|25||Pot lid (m)||20||20||40|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Crafting crate (small)||N/A||66||Unknown|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Living rock protector||N/A||3–8||Rare|
|Rare drop table||N/A||450–550||Uncommon|
- Players are required to make soft clay in Draynor Village for the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks.
- Soft clay is needed to repair the broken clay golem in The Golem quest.
- Soft clay is occasionally found on islands in the Uncharted Isles, making it one of the few items found in The Arc to be sellable for coins.