|The RuneScape feature in this page/section has limited appearances due to an update by Jagex.|
|Release date||18 December 2006 (Update)|
|Stackable?|| 2006: Yes|
2011: Yes and No
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Made from snow. / It's a ball of snow! Uncanny. / How did this not melt in the box?|
Snowballs were projectiles used during the 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 Christmas event. None of the snowballs are currently tradeable. If kept in a player's bank for too long, the snowballs will melt "because the weather got warmer".
|Compare item|| |
Player wielding a snowball
|[view] • [talk]|
2012 and 2013 Christmas snowballsEdit
In this rendition of the Christmas event, the snowballs could be found when they are dropped from snow implings, which could be found in areas such as Draynor and Falador. In 2013, they could be found around any of the christmas trees such as Ardougne. Snow implings could also throw snowballs in unreachable places such as the River Lum. Snowballs from the 2012 Christmas event will not melt after the event.
2011 Christmas snowballsEdit
During the 2011 Christmas event, snowballs could be found in Timmy's toy chest and were used to anger Timmy into dropping one of his lesser demon claws for the banquet. They were also used in a Holiday D&D to build snowmen to fight for either Wizard Grayzag/Wizard Whitezag or Wizard Frumscone. These snowballs were not stackable, unlike the ones used in the quest. Frosty creations that randomly appear in Gielinor also drop snowballs when killed. Snowballs in 2011 Christmas event will not melt after the event.
2010 Christmas snowballsEdit
The snowballs return again. but this time, they resemble the 2007 snowball model. In addition, starting with 2010 Christmas event, the Build option returned, for the first time in three years.
Snowballs melt after a month or so because, according to the game, "the weather got warmer."
2009 Christmas snowballsEdit
Once again, snowballs are returned in the form of snow piles around the feast area in the Land of Snow. This time, the snowballs had no major involvement in the event, but were there simply for enjoyment. These snowballs could be taken out of the event, and could be put in the bank. The snowballs melted on 19 January 2010 in players' bank accounts.
2007 Christmas snowballsEdit
Snowballs made their return as a different item during the 2007 Christmas event to make snowmen, and are also spawned from a snow globe. Snowballs are classed as a fun weapon at the Duel Arena, since they can be pelted on other players, doing no damage.
When seen in the combat bar on the inventory it is classified as a ranged object, however they cannot be used to attack non-player characters. Also, pelting other players does not yield any Ranged experience.
Players could keep these snowballs after the 2007 Christmas event, and even gain more by shaking their snowglobe. Snowballs could be right clicked and 'build' could be used. This would result in a stacking of snow, eventually into a snowman. A hat could be given to you by an imp in the land of snow, and the hat could be used on the 'unfinished snowman' to bring it to life. NPCs were created. The snow man (after life) would move and could be spoken to. The snowman would fight other snowmen, and hats would be dropped after melting.
2006 Christmas snowballsEdit
A user could get as many snowballs as he/she wanted during this event, but once they left Karamja, the area of the event, the snowballs disappeared. This caused them to be both discontinued and extinct after the 2006 Christmas event ended.
However, snowballs could only be used against a gublinch, and it would unequip the snowballs if you tried to attack anything else.
Snowballs could be retained after completing the event, by dropping them before filling the last cage and picking up after claiming the reward. They could be banked, but had no further use and melted sometime between 25 January 2007 and 16 February 2007.
- Many people banked thousands of these snowballs during the 2007 event because they thought that the snowballs would not remain after Christmas, causing these users to be stuck with hundreds of unnotable, hard to get rid of snowballs. This was of course prior to their discovery of the snowglobes acquired from the Christmas event, which when shaken would fill the player's inventory with snowballs, even after the Christmas event.
- If you were to throw a snowball at someone in front of you, but when you throw and they moved quickly, your snowball will "hone" in on them. However, this is very hard to pull off.
- NPCs can currently be hit with snowballs. However, another snowball will need to be equipped after each attack unless the player fights using only abilities.
- There is currently a glitch where some snowballs that should be lying on the ground are instead floating in the air at chest level.
- Even after the evolution of combat update, the player can see the old animation when holding the snowball.
- Snowballs can be dropped by the snow imps and land on water in unreachable places such as the docks at Port Sarim.
- On 22 August 2013, 2 days after the release of Divination, Jagex Moderators spawned multiple Frosty creations (along with many zombies) at the Canifis rift, allowing users to gain snowballs for a short period of time.