|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by master smiths.|
The Smithing cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Smithing skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Smithing hood from Thurgo south of Port Sarim by players who have achieved level 99 Smithing. Smithing capes are grey in colour, and have a gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. Getting 99 Smithing is considered expensive depending on the methods used.
As with all capes of accomplishment, when a player operates this cape, they will receive a small boost (to 100 instead of 99). This is useful for repairing armour in a player-owned house, as it lowers the cost of said repairs.
Talking to Thurgo gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Smithing cape's perk provides the effect of having the goldsmith gauntlets equipped, which increase experience for smithing gold bars to 56.2.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the three capes, and the cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among those three capes, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Thurgo||South of Port Sarim, on Thurgo's Peninsula||99,000||Coins||∞||No|
- Currently, 125,514 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- This skillcape's emote is the fourth longest among those of Capes of Accomplishment in the game, lasting approximately nine seconds, behind the Cooking cape's emote which lasts fourteen seconds, the Woodcutting cape's emote which lasts over eleven seconds, and the Max cape's emote which is exactly 25 seconds.
- During the emote, the player is shown smithing shears, which currently cannot be smithed by players.