|Release||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||90 coins|
|Low alch||60 coins|
|Destroy||Drop - Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always lost|
|Examine||A small pouch used for storing essence.|
The small pouch is a pouch that can hold three rune or pure essence for use in the Runecrafting skill. This item is initially obtained from the Mage of Zamorak, who provides one free small pouch upon completion of the Abyss miniquest. If lost, the Mage of Zamorak will not provide players with a replacement; however, the dark mage in the Abyss will. It is possible to receive a free replacement by contacting the dark mage via the NPC Contact spell.
Replacement pouches can also be obtained as drops from abyssal monsters.
This pouch is useful for gaining larger amounts of experience per trip to a Runecrafting altar, as it allows the user to carry more rune essence per trip. However, the user must refill the small pouch after each trip, increasing the amount of time spent per trip.
Small pouches are the only pouches that do not degrade and thus do not need repairing.
This item is not kept on death. Therefore, players under imminent threat of death may drop the pouch, so as to collect it later from their place of death. When a pouch is dropped, however, any essence in it is destroyed.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- Although the requirement to use a small pouch is only level 1 Runecrafting, upon completion of the Abyss miniquest the player receives 1,000 Runecrafting experience, raising the player's Runecrafting level to at least 9.
- According to the Mage of Zamorak at the end of the Abyss miniquest, the pouches are actually unused organs from Abyssal creatures and somehow contain more space than they appear to.