|Release date||27 May 2003 (Update)|
|High Alch||Unknown edit|
|Low Alch||Unknown edit|
|Store price|| 39 coins|
|Exchange price||Not sold|
|Examine||Not as comfy as a bed but better than nothing.|
In RuneScape Classic, the Sleeping bag was used to decrease fatigue without having to journey to a bed. The player would receive one by talking to the Fatigue expert on Tutorial Island. It would take up one inventory space, and was a very common item for players to carry everywhere. When used, a screen would appear asking the player to type in a random word to wake up. This word was displayed in distorted letters below the input line. Fatigue was an effort to create an obstacle for autoers and affected mining, fishing, and similar activities. This item was not transferred over to the new game because random events replaced fatigue in RS2, although the sleeping bag existed briefly in the beta. Therefore, it is only seen in Classic.
- Some musicians released with the rest update have sleeping bags next to them. The examine text for the sleeping bags is "The bard's sleeping bag."
- This item is briefly mentioned in The Fremennik Trials quest.
- Saradomin mentioned in a god letter that sleeping bags were nothing but a myth and would never be added to the game.
- In the beta version of RuneScape 2, you could see a fatigue percentage at the bottom of the skills menu even though fatigue was never implemented.
- Before sleeping bags were released, food used to restore fatigue too.