This article is about the regular slayer helmet. For the upgraded version, see Full slayer helmet.
|Release date||5 June 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||390 coins|
|Low Alch||260 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||You don't want to wear it inside-out.|
The slayer helmet may be assembled after a player spends 400 Slayer reward points to learn how to craft one. The player must also have level 55 Crafting in order to make one. The Slayer level requirement for the slayer helmet is 35, which is also needed to complete the quest Smoking Kills. Charged slayer helmets require level 20 Summoning in order to be worn. When worn, the helmet has the special effects of the Slayer equipment it was made from:
- An uncharged Black mask (charged will not work), which currently costs 702,147 coins, giving 16.66% attack and strength boosts for non-special attacks against all monsters that are part of the player's current slayer task. The quickest way to obtain this is to buy a charged black mask from the GE then simply click remove charge. This may come in use if a player wants the slayer helmet fast as it's a slow process to buy an uncharged black mask
- A Nose peg, protecting against the special attacks of aberrant spectres (200 coins from a slayer master).
- A pair of Earmuffs, protecting against the special attacks of all types of Banshees (200 coins from a slayer master).
- A Face mask, protecting against the special attacks of Dust devils and the effects of the Smoke Dungeon (200 coins from a slayer master).
- A Spiny helmet **Not to be confused with Spiked helmet, protecting against the special attacks of Wall beasts (650 coins from a slayer master).
While the black mask's effects only occur against monsters that are on the player's current slayer assignment, the effects of the other items are present regardless of assignment.
If a player were to use one slayer master only, the minimum tasks needed to be completed to earn the points required is as follows (this includes the 4 no-point tasks, and excludes any special task):
- Mazchna/Achtryn: 316 tasks.
- Vannaka: 70 tasks.
- Chaeldar: 32 tasks.
- Sumona: 30 tasks.
- Duradel/Lapalok: 23 tasks.
- Kuradal: 20 tasks.
- Or a combination of the above.
- A proven way to decrease the time it takes to getting 400 points is by doing 9 low-level tasks, and on the 10th completing a harder slayer masters task.
The Slayer helmet's combat statistics are the same as a rune full helm. However, unlike the rune helm, it confers no negative bonuses, but has no damage absorption.
A player wearing an un-enchanted slayer helmet
A player wearing an enchanted slayer helmet charged with at least 1 scroll
|[view] • [talk]|
Making the helmet
After unlocking the ability to make the helmet, a message appears in the chat window stating: The secret is yours. You can now combine a black mask, face mask, spiny helm, nosepeg and earmuffs into one useful item. The Slayer helmet acts as a combination of: an uncharged Black mask, a Nose peg, a pair of Earmuffs, a Facemask, and a Spiny helmet. All of the aforementioned items are required to craft the helmet, as well as a Crafting level of 55 (can not be assisted). The helmet retains the abilities of all the items used to make it. It still gives the effect that the black mask does, but with better defence and bonuses, making it one of the best helms for slayer assignments.
For a player to construct the helmet, they must use one item on another if all the necessary items are in the player's inventory. The quest Smoking Kills is required to earn Slayer Points, and therefore must be completed before the Slayer helmet can be crafted, and worn. After being made, the slayer helmet may be disassembled and reassembled at any time (unless it has been enchanted to hold summoning scrolls).
The assist system cannot be used to make the slayer helmet although boosts may be used.
After an update on 8 February 2010, you can create a Full slayer helmet by combining the slayer helmet with a Hexcrest and a Focus Sight. Similarly to the black mask, these improve magic and range by 16.66% during slayer tasks. These items are respectively dropped by the Jungle Strykewyrm (73 Slayer required) and the Desert Strykewyrm (77 Slayer required).
The slayer helmet costs 704,280 coins supposing all the components are bought from the Grand Exchange.
- The Slayer helmet weighs 2 kg; however, all of the disassembled components weigh 11 kg.
- Charged slayer helmets can not be crafted into full slayer helmets.
- The Slayer Helmet, along with the full slayer helmet, can be worn with a slayer level of less than 60, which is odd because the nosepeg has a Slayer requirement of 60.
- Its examine is the same as the spiny helmet.
- It was revealed at the 2011 RuneFest that it does not increase weapon special damage.
- You can currently buy the ability to recolour the slayer helmet from Xuan in the Loyalty Shop for 4000 Loyalty Points.
- The slayer helm received a graphical update on 6 March 2012. The full slayer helmet didn't receive the update until the following day.
|Equipment from Slayer Masters||
Broad arrows • Earmuffs • Face mask • Insulated boots • Leaf-bladed spear • Nose peg • Mirror shield • Slayer gloves • Slayer's staff • Spiked gauntlets • Spiny helmet • Unlit bug lantern • Witchwood icon
|Items from Slayer Masters|
|Purchased with Slayer reward points|
|Slayer masks and helms|