This article is about non-player characters who give slayer assignments. For the term for a player with level 99 Slayer, see Slayer cape.
Slayer Masters are non-player characters who give players Slayer assignments. There are currently seven Slayer Masters which give tasks. Some Slayer Masters require players to achieve a minimum Slayer and Combat level before giving slayer assignments. The slayer masters differ in the difficulty and number of Monsters they assign. After the Smoking Kills quest is completed, the completion of every task, starting after the 4th completed in a row will grant Slayer reward points, excluding Turael/Spria. As of 11 September 2009 all Slayer Masters have a right-click option Get-Task. The slayer master Catolax is not listed for he is deceased.
All slayer masters sell useful items. The store article is at Slayer equipment.
Taverley: Turael/SpriaEditTurael, and his replacement, his daughter Spria, are the easiest Slayer Masters. They have no minimum combat or Slayer level requirements before players may receive assignments.
Turael/Spria are located west of the tree patch in Taverley. The quickest ways to reach them are to use (roughly in this order):
- A balloon to fly to the Taverley Slayer Dungeon and run north. (Requires the completion of the Enlightened Journey quest.)
- Use Home Teleport to get to Burthorpe and run south.
- Use Home Teleport to the Lodestone in Taverley and run east.
- Use Falador Teleport and run north then west.
- A Games necklace to teleport to the Burthorpe Troll Invasion and run south.
- A Combat bracelet to teleport to the Warriors' Guild in Burthorpe and run south.
- Teleport to the Lodestone in Taverley and run south-east.
- Modify a House Teletab to Taverley and run east. (After Love Story)
If a player receives an assignment they do not wish to do, both Turael and Spria may give an easier assignment if the player talks to them. This always works if the assignment is for a creature that isn't assigned by them. Normally, Turael and Spria will not reassign a task if they can assign that creature themselves. For example, if Duradel assigned a player Desert lizards, then Turael/Spria may not change the task, as they too assign Desert lizards. However, if the number of creatures to be slain is far greater than what he would assign, it is possible that he will change the task. For example, if Duradel assigned 140+ Kalphites, then Turael/Spria will change this, as they would not assign that many to kill. In this case, Turael/Spria will give a new assignment, a new creature to slay or fewer of the same creature - its an entirely new drawing so you can receive the same monster. Note that it is impossible for a player to get Turael/Spria to reassign a task that they gave out.
Completion of a task assigned by Turael/Spria will not grant any slayer points, in fact, if it was a task replacing one from another master: it will reset all the tasks you did before. So, if you're on the 48th task and take a replacement one off Turael/Spria, all progress will be reset to 0.
Canifis: MazchnaEditMazchna is the second easiest Slayer Master. The minimum combat level requirement to be assigned tasks from Mazchna is 30.
- The Lodestone Network, arriving in Canifis.
- The Kharyrll Teleport of Ancient Magicks, arriving in Canifis.
- Fairy ring code C•K•S, arriving west of Canifis.
- A Slayer ring teleport to the Morytania Slayer Tower, north-west of Canifis.
- The Ectophial teleport to the Ectofuntus, east of Canifis.
- Using a Kharyrll portal from your POH.
Completion of a task assigned by Mazchna will grant you:
- 2 slayer points per normal task
- 5 for every 10th
- 15 for every 50th
This means that if using Mazchna over the long term, an average of 2.5 points will be granted per task.
Edgeville dungeon: VannakaEditVannaka is a medium Slayer Master. The minimum combat level requirement to be assigned tasks from Vannaka is 60.
- The Paddewwa Teleport of Ancient Magicks, arriving at the entrance to the dungeon.
- An Amulet of glory teleport to Edgeville, north of the dungeon entrance.
- Home Teleport to Edgeville lodestone, arriving north-west of the dungeon entrance.
- Fairy ring code D•K•R, arriving east of Edgeville.
- Varrock Teleport after using the Varrock Tasks reward to move location to south entrance of Grand Exchange.
- Use the Combat bracelet to teleport to the monastery which is just west of Edgeville.
- The Lumbridge Home Teleport, then cut down the nearby transport tree, and ride it up to Edgeville.
Completion of a task assigned by Vannaka will grant you:
- 4 slayer points per normal task
- 20 for every 10th
- 60 for every 50th
This means that if using Vannaka over the long term, an average of 6.4 points will be granted per task.
Chaeldar is located in Zanaris. The fastest way to reach her is to use a Fairy Ring to go to Zanaris. Otherwise, one can reach her by entering the shed in the Lumbridge Swamp whilst wielding a Dramen Staff or Lunar staff.
Completion of a task assigned by Chaeldar will grant you:
- 5 slayer points per normal task
- 50 for every 10th
- 150 for every 50th
This means that if using Chaeldar over the long term, an average of 16 points will be granted per task.
Pollnivneach: SumonaEditSumona is a harder Slayer Master, usually assigning similar monsters as Duradel but fewer of them. She was added on 5 June 2008 as the central figure behind the Smoking Kills quest. To be assigned tasks by her, players must have completed the quest. To qualify for the quest and thus use Sumona as a slayer master, players must have a combat level of at least 130, a Slayer level of at least 35 and have completed Smoking Kills.
- Using NPC contact.
- A Slayer ring teleport to Pollnivneach.
- Having your Player-owned house in Pollnivneach and using the Teleport to House spell, and walking from there. An alternative to moving your house to Pollnivneach would be to use a Pollnivneach tablet.
- An Amulet of glory teleport to Al Kharid, a walk south to Shantay Pass and then a Magic carpet ride to northern Pollnivneach.
- A Ring of duelling teleport to the Al Kharid Duel Arena, a walk south to Shantay Pass and then a Magic carpet ride to northern Pollnivneach.
- Using the Broomstick to teleport to the Sorceress's Garden and, upon leaving the garden, a short walk south-west to Shantay Pass and then a Magic carpet ride to northern Pollnivneach.
- Fairy ring code D•L•Q, walk south to Nardah, Magic carpet to Pollnivneach.
- Or:Fairy ring, walk north, cross the bridge and walk south to Pollnivneach.
- Lumbridge Home Teleport and walk a short way through Al Kharid and the Desert Pass.
- Teleporting with a Desert amulet to Nardah and running west across the bridge and north to Pollnivneach.
Completion of a task assigned by Sumona will grant you:
- 12 slayer points per normal task
- 60 for every 10th
- 180 for every 50th
This means that if using Sumona over the long term, an average of 19.2 points will be granted per task.
Shilo Village: Duradel/LapalokEditDuradel and his replacement, Lapalok, are the second hardest Slayer Masters. To be assigned monsters from Duradel, or Lapalok, players must have a Slayer level of at least 50, and a combat level of at least 150.
Also, to be able to enter Shilo Village, where Duradel and Lapalok live, players must have completed the Druidic Ritual, Jungle Potion and Shilo Village quests, which themselves require various minimum levels of skills (all told, 3 Herblore, 4 Smithing, 20 Crafting, and 32 Agility).
Duradel and Lapalok are located on the platform bridging the river at the fishing shop in Shilo Village. Although Duradel and Lapalok are usually north of the river (or sometimes on the bridge), they cannot be accessed from north of the river. Instead, enter the fishing shop south of the river, climb the ladder there, and cross the bridge to get to them. The fastest ways to reach Shilo Village are to use (roughly in this order):
- Spirit tree to (farming) spirit tree patch then Hajedy's cart.
- Karamja gloves 3 to teleport to the underground gem mine in Shilo Village.
- Juju teleport spiritbag or Witchdoctor mask teleport to Herblore Habitat, climb over the vine to the north, and run west to Shilo Village.
- Use Shilo Village cart system (maximum fare 10 coins) to Shilo Village north end of Brimhaven. The easiest methods to reach the cart system are by:
- Fairy ring code C•K•R, arriving west of Shilo Village.
- Gnome glider to Karamja, arriving east of Shilo Village.
- Using NPC contact while on lunar spell book.
Completion of a task assigned by Duradel/Lapalok will grant you:
- 15 slayer points per normal task
- 75 for every 10th
- 225 for every 50th
This means that if using Duradel/Lapalok over the long term, an average of 24 points will be granted per task.
Ancient cavern: KuradalEditKuradal, Duradel's daughter, is the highest and hardest Slayer Master. To be assigned monsters from Kuradal, players must have a Slayer level of at least 75, and a combat level of at least 160.
- Using a charge of the Ferocious ring, which teleports the player directly to Kuradal.
- Using NPC Contact while on lunar spell book.
- Using the Fairy Ring code B•J•Q. Before it can be used, however, the player must repair the Fairy Ring from inside the Caverns, using 5 bittercap mushrooms and a spade. This will activate the ring and allow normal transportation to and from Zanaris.
- Entering the Ancient Caverns by jumping the whirlpool off the jetty that is on the northern shore of the Baxtorian Falls lake.
Completion of a task assigned by Kuradal will grant you:
- 18 slayer points per normal task
- 90 for every 10th
- 270 for every 50th
This means that if using Kuradal over the long term, an average of 28.8 points will be granted per task.