|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||580 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ale with bite.|
Slayer's respite is an ale that can be made with the Cooking skill at level 59, granting 479 experience per batch. To do this, one must brew it in one of the breweries in either eastern Keldagrim or Port Phasmatys. This ale can occasionally be looted from an Eclectic impling.
The full recipe for Slayer's respite is as follows (in the order given):
- 2 buckets of water
- 2 barley malt.
- (optional) 1 "the stuff," to increase chance of maturity.
- 4 wildblood hops
- 1 ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight beer glasses or two calquat kegs*.
* Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. This creates a slayer's respite (keg). Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand gp.
The mature version of this ale, Slayer's respite (m) has slightly stronger stat boosts, and may be more useful for players hunting monsters slightly beyond their level range. This mature version is, however, not nearly as cheap.
When this ale is drunk, it will heal 590 life point and temporarily raise the Slayer skill level by 2 while lowering Attack and Strength levels by 2. The Slayer bonus does not stack with wild pies. Slayer's respite, as well as wild pies, are used frequently by players who want to get a certain item from a slayer monster (particularly Abyssal demon and Dark Beast), but are slightly lacking the slayer level required to kill the monster. Wild pies are usually a better alternative, as they provide a larger stat boost in slayer and also boost several other skills, as well as having two bites, rather than one, but slayer's respite has the advantage of being a great deal cheaper and more easily buyable.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||35.1%|