Skypouncers are pets that were released into the game on the 19 December 2012 along with the Bloodpouncer and Blazehound. Skypouncers are pets available from Solomon's General Store for 1300 Runecoins. The skypouncer originates on an icyene plane; sighting this creature is rumoured to bring luck in battle.
The skypouncer has three stages of growth - baby, adolescent, and adult. It takes roughly 15 hours for a skypouncer baby to grow into an adolescent skypouncer when following you, though this can be sped up by interacting with the pet. Stages can be skipped by using a Growth Surge on the pet, i.e. baby to adolescent or adolescent to adult.It will take approximately 15 hours to reach the adolescent stage and an additional 25 hours to reach the adult stage. This time can be halved by "playing" with your pet by making it do one of its two emotes. It appears that while the pet is with you, it generates its own pet points up to a cap of 30 points. When this cap is reached, simply making the pet do an emote will allow you to retrieve the generated points, making it possible to raise the pet in half the time.
Like all pets and summoning familiars, it cannot enter or use its abilities in some areas of RuneScape.
There are several recolour options that you can choose in order to customize your pet. Though the colour of most of the skypouncer's fur is constant at golden beige, specific areas of the skypouncer can be recoloured during each growth stage:
- Skypouncer kitten: the spots on the kitten's back, and the end of its tail.
- Skypouncer adolescent: some tufts of fur in the side of its mane, the two chevron markings on its back, the band of fur at the top of its legs, the tips of its wings, and the end of its tail.
- Skypouncer adult: the tuft of fur on top of its head, its eyes, some tufts of fur in the side of its mane, the fur of its neck, the two chevron markings on its back, the band of fur at the top of its legs, the symbol on its kneebands, its wingtips, and the end of its tail.
The skypouncer has unique abilities, similar to Summoning familiars, which increase as it ages. The pet retains abilities from earlier growth stages when it learns a new ability.
The skypouncer can forage from the moment it is obtained. Some of the things that a skypouncer is confirmed to be able to forage are as follows:
- Coins: 10 to 500
- Grimy Herbs: Guam, Harralander, Irit, Cadantine
- Seeds: Potato, Sweetcorn, Onion, Wildblood, Jangerberry, Poison Ivy, Dwarf Weed, Whiteberry
- Remains: Bones, Big bones, Baby dragon bones
From time to time, the skypouncer will forage without being given the forage order.
The pet is able to take an item to your bank when it reaches the adolescent stage, it can take one item every 10 minutes. The pet's ability to bank does not work in Wilderness Level 1 and beyond (further north). If one just crosses the Wilderness Wall (and the Wilderness level display does not actually appear; thus can be considered "Wilderness Level Zero") and does not walk north, then the pet's banking ability still can be used.
The skypouncer is able to 'Scavenge' when it reaches adult stage. When scavenging is turned on, your pet will automatically run and retrieve a single item from a slain enemy(note that if the single item is a note or stack of items, it will retrieve the entire stack), though when killing multiple monsters at high speeds, this effect doesn't seem to work for every kill. To access the scavenge feature, 'Interact' with the skypouncer and select 'Convenience', then select 'Scavenge'. When scavenge is selected, a menu interface will appear. The pet can scavenge, gold, runes, talismans, herbs, seeds, weapons, armour, metal bars, ore, bones, ashes, raw food, cooked food and other items. Items such as various hides and summoning charms are categorized as miscellaneous.
To deactivate scavenge, 'interact' with your pet, select 'convenience' and select 'Heel'.
The two playing emotes for the skypouncer also change as it grows from a kitten to an adolescent to an adult.
Skypouncer kitten emotes:
- "Knot what I signed up for" – the owner pulls out a string and plays with the kitten.
- "Die, tiny victim" - the owner winds a toy mouse for the kitten to attack.
Skypouncer adolescent emotes:
- "A shiny! It must die" - the owner produces a ball of light with magic for the skypouncer to pounce on.
- "I think not" - the owner unsuccessfully tries to direct the skypouncer away.
Skypouncer adult emotes:
- "Behold my glory!" - the skypouncer roars in its owner's honour as white particles swirl around the skypouncer. The skypouncer then flies slightly above the ground in tribute to its owner as the ground beneath the skypouncer glows. As the skypouncer flies back to the ground, it roars in tribute to its owner a second time.
- "Cat treat delivery" - a goblin comes out of the ground and attempts to attack the owner. The skypouncer however grabs the goblin, shakes it, throws it up into the air, grabs it again, throws it down into the ground, and eats it.
These are the possible names that can be given to the pets:
|Available pet names|
|Mr Stampy||Ms Punchy||Ms Stampy||Nemea|
- There is a current graphical glitch when changing the Skypouncer's colour, due to its wings having a gradient which fades to white from the default light blue. Changing the colour of the Skypouncer will cause a section of its wing to turn to the colour you selected, but it retains the blue/white fade, which may cause players to keep the default blue colour of the Skypouncer. This is assumed to be an oversight by Jagex.
- Cerberus is the name of a three-headed dog or a hellhound from Roman mythology instead of a lion.
- Abaddon is a Hebrew name meaning, 'Destroyer'. It is used in the Bible (Revelation 9:11) as the Hebrew name of the 'Angel of the Abyss', or in other words, one of the more powerful demons in Biblical prophecy. The Greek version of the same name is Apollyon, which is more often used to refer to the demon in the Bible.
|Packs||Assassin • Dwarven Warsuit • Ariane Pack • Ozan Pack • Robes of Sorrow • Robes of Remembrance • Sir Owen Pack • Linza Pack • Heroic Crit|
|Outfits||Cabaret • Colosseum • Feline • Gothic • Swashbuckler • Beach Wear • Tropical Islander • Monarch • Noble • Servant • Fox • Panda • Wolf • K'ril's Battlegear • K'ril's Godcrusher Armour • TokHaar Brute • TokHaar Veteran • TokHaar Warlord • Eastern Captain • Eastern Crew • Western Captain • Western Crew • Kalphite Emissary • Kalphite Sentinel • Dragon Wolf • Guthixian War Robes • Saradominist War Robes • Zamorakian War Robes • Zarosian War Robes • Vestments of Remembrance • Vestments of Sorrow • Executioner Outfit • Flameheart Armour • Iceheart Armour • Stoneheart Armour • Stormheart Armour • Colossus Armour • Titan Armour • Behemoth Armour • Beast Armour • Veteran Colossus Armour • Veteran Titan Armour • Veteran Behemoth Armour • Veteran Beast Armour • Ambassador of Order • Envoy of Order • Ambassador of Chaos • Envoy of Chaos • Deathless Regent outfit • Ravenskull outfit • Ancient Mummy • Ogre Infiltrator Outfit • Drakewing Outfit • Glad tidings outfit • Frostwalker outfit • Replica Dragonplate Armour • Replica Infinity Robes • Golem of Justice outfit • Golem of Strength outfit • Construct of Justice outfit • Construct of Strength outfit • Cursed Reaver outfit • Blessed Sentinel outfit • Replica Torva Armour • Replica Pernix Armour • Replica Virtus Armour • Shadow Ariane • Shadow Linza • Shadow Sir Owen • Shadow Ozan • Replica Metal Plate Armour • Replica Bandos Armour • Replica Armadyl Armour • Aviansie Skyguard Outfit • Vyrewatch Skyshadow Outfit • Replica Void Knight Armour • Replica Elite Void Knight Armour • Replica Void Knight Equipment|
|Accessories||Revolutionary Mask and Hat • Sunglass Monocles • Squid Tentacle Cape • Solarius Shield • Kalphite Greathelm • Woodland Crown • Bunny Tail • Seaweed Hair • Tropical Headdress • Tropical Top • Grass Skirt • Bare Feet • Lei Necklace • Butterfly Wings • Icyenic Wings • Skeletal Wings • Zamorak Wings • Replica Dragonfire Shield • GameBlast Tunic • Crystalline Wings • Armadyl Wings • Dragonfly Wings • Paradox Wings|
|Combat Gear||Shock Eye Staff • Pactbreaker Longsword • Quick-Fire Crossbow • Parasol 2H Sword • Flaming Lash • Firebrand Bow • Blazing Flamberge • Daggerfist Claws • Razor Whip • Scorching Axe • Shipwrecker Trident • Shatterstorm Wand • Seaborne Blade • Jousting Lance • Brutal Whip • Brutal Longsword • Brutal Rapier • Brutal Claws • Brutal Crossbow • Brutal Club • Executioner's Axe • Replica Godsword Set • Firestorm Blade • Sunflare Throwing Axe • Wildfire • The Burning Truth • Spiteful Spark • Hateful Heart|
|Gazes||Abyssal • Blazing • Divine • Infernal • Mystical • Nocturnal • Serene • Vernal|
|Emotes||Actor's Emote Set • Breakdance • Break Wind • Gravedigger • Mahjarrat Transformation • Frog Transformation • Backflip • Kick Sand • Robot Dance • Thruster Stomp • Talk to skull • Plead • Gesture • Slight nod • Gentle no • Contemplate • Dejected • Decisive • Shock • Sob • Excited • Distressed • Restrained anger • Accuse • Innocent • Conspire • Talking (A) • Talking (B) • Lightning Blast • Ring of Fire • Rock Smash • Water Dance|
|Pets||Blazehound • Skypouncer • Bloodpouncer • Dragon Wolf • Golden Chinchompa • Vorago shard • Prototype colossus • Warborn behemoth • Dawn • Dusk • Rory the Reindeer • Elvis Pressie • Zeppelin • Brightflame ancient • Inari • Points|
|Miscellaneous||Runecoins • Achievement banner • Bank Booster +50 • Dragon keepsake key • Animations • Hairstyles • Party pack • Masterwork music box • Kharidian music box • Morytanian music box • Wealth evaluator|
|Other||Solomon • Male mannequin • Female mannequin|