|Release date||19 December 2012 (Update)|
|Source||Solomon's General Store|
|Growth time||900 minutes|
|Examine||Coughs up tiny little hairballs.|
|Release date||19 December 2012 (Update)|
|Source|| Solomon's General Store|
|Growth time||1500 minutes|
|Examine||Likes nothing better than a mawful of graahk.|
Skypouncers are pets available from Solomon's General Store for 1083 Runecoins (975 for members). The skypouncer originates on an icyene plane; sighting this creature is rumoured to bring luck in battle.
The skypouncer has three stages of growth - baby, adolescent, and adult. It takes roughly 15 hours for a skypouncer baby to grow into an adolescent skypouncer when following you, though this can be sped up by interacting with the pet. Stages can be skipped by using a Growth Surge on the pet, i.e. baby to adolescent or adolescent to adult.
It will take approximately 15 hours to reach the adolescent stage and an additional 25 hours to reach the adult stage. This time can be halved by "playing" with your pet by making it do one of its two emotes. It appears that while the pet is with you, it generates its own pet points up to a cap of 30 points. When this cap is reached, simply making the pet do an emote will allow you to retrieve the generated points, making it possible to raise the pet in half the time.
Like all pets and summoning familiars, it cannot enter or use its abilities in some areas of RuneScape.
There are several recolour options that you can choose in order to customize your pet. Though the colour of most of the skypouncer's fur is constant at golden beige, specific areas of the skypouncer can be recoloured during each growth stage:
- Skypouncer kitten: the spots on the kitten's back, and the end of its tail.
- Skypouncer adolescent: some tufts of fur in the side of its mane, the two chevron markings on its back, the band of fur at the top of its legs, the tips of its wings, and the end of its tail.
- Skypouncer adult: the tuft of fur on top of its head, its eyes, some tufts of fur in the side of its mane, the fur of its neck, the two chevron markings on its back, the band of fur at the top of its legs, the symbol on its kneebands, its wingtips, and the end of its tail.
The Skypouncer has unique abilities, similar to Summoning familiars, which increase as it ages. The pet retains abilities from earlier growth stages when it learns a new ability. The life saver, Slayer finisher, item repair, and fertiliser abilities are unavailable to ironman players.
The Skypouncer can forage from the moment it is obtained. Some of the things that it is confirmed to be able to forage are as follows:
- Coins: 10 to 500
- Grimy herbs: Guam, Harralander, Irit, Cadantine
- Seeds: potato, sweetcorn, onion, wildblood, jangerberry, poison ivy, dwarf weed
- Bones: Bones, Big bones, Baby dragon bones
The Skypouncer is able to take an item to your bank from the moment it is obtained, and can take one item every 10 minutes. The pet's ability to bank does not work beyond level 1 Wilderness. If one just crosses the Wilderness wall (and the Wilderness level display does not actually appear; thus can be considered "Wilderness level 0") and does not walk north, then the pet's banking ability still can be used.
The Skypouncer is able to scavenge dropped items from the moment it is obtained. To access the scavenge feature, 'Interact' with the pet and select 'Convenience', then select 'Scavenge'. When scavenge is selected, a menu interface will appear; the pet will automatically collect charms, but is able to pick up other items too. You can make the pet scavenge: Gold, Runes & Talismans, Herbs & Seeds, Weapons, Armour, Metal Bars & Ore, Bones & Ashes, Raw & Cooked food and Miscellaneous.
The pet will only pick up one item from a slain enemy; if an enemy drops two or more items, the pet will only pick up one. The pet will not always pick up items after a kill. There is a chance that the item picked up by the pet will appear in your bank rather than being in your inventory.
To deactivate scavenge, 'interact' with your pet, select 'convenience' and select 'Heel'.
Your pet will automatically finish off Slayer monsters that usually require an item, saving you an inventory slot.
Beast of BurdenEdit
Use a Beast of Burden familiar pouch on your pet to grant it the according capacity. You must have the necessary Summoning level to use the pouch, and you can use more pouches to stack or renew the duration up to 2 hours.
Every hour (of logged in time), your pet will answer the call of nature. The results – only viewable to you – can be picked up for six buckets of compost or supercompost if the player is on a member's world.
Your pet will save you from death, as per a ring of life. Note that this does not work in PvP areas and has a two-hour cooldown (logged-in time).
The two playing emotes for the skypouncer change as it grows from a kitten to an adolescent to an adult.
These are the possible names that can be given to the pets:
|Available pet names|
|Mr Punchy||Mr Stampy||Ms Punchy||Ms Stampy|
- There is a current graphical glitch when changing the Skypouncer's colour, due to its wings having a gradient which fades to white from the default light blue. Changing the colour of the Skypouncer will cause a section of its wing to turn to the colour you selected, but it retains the blue/white fade, which may cause players to keep the default blue colour of the Skypouncer. This is assumed to be an oversight by Jagex.
- Cerberus is the name of a three-headed dog or a hellhound from Roman mythology instead of a lion.
- Abaddon is a Hebrew name meaning, 'Destroyer'. It is used in the Bible (Revelation 9:11) as the Hebrew name of the 'Angel of the Abyss', or in other words, one of the more powerful demons in Biblical prophecy. The Greek version of the same name is Apollyon, which is more often used to refer to the demon in the Bible.
- Xiongmao is Chinese for panda
- Tiankong is Chinese for Sky
- Zhu is Chinese for Pig