|Release date||4 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can obtain another Sceptre by collecting all four pieces from the Stronghold of Security.|
|On death||Items that are never kept on death|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A fragile magical Sceptre.|
The Skull sceptre is a staff that is a reward from the Stronghold of Security, obtained by combining a strange skull with a runed sceptre, which are obtained by fusing component items from the monsters found within the dungeon. Its defining feature is the ability to teleport to Gunnarsgrunn, just outside the entrance to the stronghold dungeon. The skull sceptre has five charges, or ten, if made when wearing varrock armour 1 or above, although the Varrock armour is for members only. The doubled charges remain on and can be used on a free world. The sceptre will crumble to dust once it runs out of charges, and cannot be recharged. Players can check the amount of charges left on the sceptre by right-clicking and choosing 'Divine'. The skull sceptre will not teleport players beyond level 20 Wilderness.
It is one of the few free-to-play teleport items, the others being the tele-orb from Fist of Guthix (available only during the activity), the explorer's ring 3 or 4, the clan vexillum, the ring of Kinship, and runecrafting teleport tablets. Using the skull sceptre's teleport is a requirement for the Varrock Tasks.
Players can only make and keep one skull sceptre at a time - a new skull sceptre can only be made once the old skull sceptre is either lost, destroyed, or has crumbled to dust. There is no limit to how many strange skulls or runed sceptres a player can own. Having a sceptre in your bank or inventory will not prevent more parts from dropping.
Parts of the sceptre are rare drops from the monsters listed below, all located on various levels of the Stronghold of Security. In addition, wearing any Varrock armour gives an increased chance overall of receiving a sceptre part drop.
A player wielding the Skull sceptre
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
Where to find the piecesEdit
- Right skull half is dropped by minotaurs (level 14, 52) on the first floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Bottom of sceptre is dropped by flesh crawlers (level 39-40) on the second floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Top of sceptre is dropped by catablepon (level 53-54) on the third floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Left skull half is dropped by ankou (level 60-61, 63) on the fourth floor of the Stronghold of Security. A salve amulet or salve amulet (e) is recommended.
- Use the left skull half on the right skull half to create the strange skull.
- Use the top of sceptre on the bottom of sceptre to create a runed sceptre.
- Use the strange skull on the runed sceptre to create the skull sceptre.
If you already have a skull scepture, you cannot create another one. However, you can create more strange skulls and runed sceptures as well as keep multiples of the component parts.
|Wield||The sceptre is wielded in the Weapon Slot. See Worn Equipment.|
|Invoke||Teleports the player to Barbarian Village.|
|Divine||Shows the number of charges left.|
|Disassembly XP ?||Unknown|
|Item quantity required ?||1|
|Base junk chance ?||98%|
|Total materials received ?||Unknown|
- The stats of the sceptre are equivalent to an ordinary staff. Before the autocast update on 9 February 2009, it had no option to autocast spells.
- The same update also replaced the Varrock Tasks' "smaller" reward regarding shop prices, with increasing the chance of obtaining skull sceptre parts from creatures in the Stronghold of Security.
- The skull sceptre appears smaller on the back than when held in your hand.
- The 'Left skull half' which appears to be a bull-like half skull is dropped by the human-shaped Ankou, while the 'Right skull half' which is the human-like half skull is dropped by the bull-headed Minotaurs. However, when wielded, the halves appear on the correct side in relation to their namesakes.