Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||4 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can obtain another Sceptre by collecting all four pieces from the Stronghold of Security.|
|Examine||A fragile magical Sceptre.|
The Skull sceptre is a staff that is a reward from the Stronghold of Security, obtained by combining a strange skull with a runed sceptre, which are obtained by fusing component items from the monsters found within the dungeon. Its defining feature is the ability to teleport to Gunnarsgrunn, just outside the entrance to the stronghold dungeon. Using the skull sceptre's teleport is a requirement for the Varrock Tasks.
Before 28 November 2016, all sceptres could only be used to teleport five times before disintegrating. Players can only make and keep one skull sceptre at a time - a new skull sceptre can only be made once the old skull sceptre is either lost, destroyed, or has crumbled to dust. If a Keepsake Key is used on the sceptre, another one still cannot be assembled. There is no limit to how many strange skulls or runed sceptres a player can own. Having a sceptre in your bank or inventory will not prevent more parts from dropping.
Parts of the sceptre are rare drops from the monsters listed below, all located on various levels of the Stronghold of Security. In addition, wearing any Varrock armour gives an increased chance overall of receiving a sceptre part drop
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Where to find the piecesEdit
- Right skull half is dropped by minotaurs (level 14, 52) on the first floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Bottom of sceptre is dropped by flesh crawlers (level 39-40) on the second floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Top of sceptre is dropped by catablepon (level 49-54) on the third floor of the Stronghold of Security.
- Left skull half is dropped by ankou (level 60-61, 63) on the fourth floor of the Stronghold of Security. A salve amulet or salve amulet (e) is recommended.
- Use the left skull half on the right skull half to create the strange skull.
- Use the top of sceptre on the bottom of sceptre to create a runed sceptre.
- Use the strange skull on the runed sceptre to create the skull sceptre.
If you already have a skull scepture, you cannot create another one. However, you can create more strange skulls and runed sceptures as well as keep multiples of the component parts.
|Wield||The sceptre is wielded as a 2h weapon. See Worn Equipment.|
|Invoke||Teleports the player to Barbarian Village.|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- The stats of the sceptre are equivalent to an ordinary staff. Before the autocast update on 9 February 2009, it had no option to autocast spells.
- The same update also replaced the Varrock Tasks' "smaller" reward regarding shop prices, with increasing the chance of obtaining skull sceptre parts from creatures in the Stronghold of Security.
- The skull sceptre appears smaller on the back than when held in your hand.
- The 'Left skull half' which appears to be a bull-like half skull is dropped by the human-shaped Ankou, while the 'Right skull half' which is the human-like half skull is dropped by the bull-headed Minotaurs. However, when wielded, the halves appear on the correct side in relation to their namesakes.