|Release date||4 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can obtain another Sceptre by collecting all four pieces from the Stronghold of Security.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A fragile magical Sceptre.|
The Skull sceptre is obtained through defeating monsters in the Stronghold of Security and picking up the pieces of the sceptre. The skull sceptre has five charges to teleport (choose 'wield') to Gunnarsgrunn, or ten, if made when wearing varrock armour 1 or above, which is for members only. The doubled charges remain on and can be used on a free world. It disappears after all charges are used and therefore it cannot be recharged, however, if you collect all four pieces again, then you can make a new one and regain charges. Check the charge level of the sceptre by right-clicking and choosing 'Divine'. Like almost all teleport items, the skull sceptre does not work beyond level 20 Wilderness.
It is one of the few free-to-play teleport items, the others being the tele-orb from Fist of Guthix (available only during the activity), the explorer's ring 3 or 4 collected as a reward for completing the medium or hard Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks, the clan vexillum, the ring of Kinship, the Runecrafting teleport tablets, and the broomstick (which is able to be attained by F2Ps and has the potential to teleport, but only on a members' world). Using the skull sceptre's teleport is a requirement for the Varrock Tasks.
Players can only make and keep one skull sceptre at a time - a new skull sceptre can only be made once the old skull sceptre is either lost, destroyed, or has disappeared. There is no limit to how many strange skulls or runed sceptres a player can own. The skull sceptre and all its parts cannot be traded or be withdrawn as noted items from the bank. Having a sceptre in your bank or inventory will not prevent more parts from dropping.
Note that the skull sceptre does not appear in gravestone on death. The individual parts of it do, however.
Parts of the sceptre are rare drops from the monsters listed below, all located on various levels of the Stronghold of Security. Killing the highest level ones helps. In addition, wearing varrock armour 1 as well as a ring of wealth along with the above gives increased chance of receiving a sceptre part drop.
A player wielding the Skull sceptre
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- Using the skull pieces together forms a strange skull.
- Using the top and bottom skull sceptre pieces form a runed sceptre.
- Join the strange skull and the runed sceptre together to form a skull sceptre.
If a skull sceptre has already been made, additional strange skulls and runed sceptres can be assembled individually, but cannot be made into another skull sceptre. It is entirely possible to obtain multiple separate pieces of the skull sceptre, even if you have never completed assembling a sceptre before, and even bank them together (for example, you can have two bottoms of sceptre in your bank).
Where to find the piecesEdit
- Right skull half: minotaurs (level 14, 52) on the first floor of the security stronghold (easy to kill)
- Bottom of sceptre: flesh crawlers (level 39-40) on the second floor of the security stronghold (easy to kill)
- Top of sceptre: catablepon (level 53-54) on the third floor of the security stronghold (hard to kill)
- Left skull half: ankou (level 60-61, 63) on the fourth floor of the security stronghold (Dangerous to lower levels). A salve amulet or salve amulet (e) is recommended.
- Higher levels will find getting the skull sceptre an easy time; the kill rate for all of them depends on the levels.
Option Result Wield The sceptre is wielded in the Weapon Slot. See Worn Equipment. Invoke Teleports the player to Barbarian Village. Divine Shows the number of charges left.
- The stats of the sceptre are equivalent to an ordinary staff. Before the autocast update on 9 February 2009, it had no option to autocast spells.
- The same update also replaced the Varrock Tasks' "smaller" reward regarding shop prices, with increasing the chance of obtaining skull sceptre parts from creatures in the Stronghold of Security.
- If the skull sceptre is put together using Varrock armour, in a members world, the 10 charges remain when used in a non members world.
- The skull sceptre appears smaller on the back than when held in your hand.
- The 'Left skull half' which appears to be a bull-like half skull is dropped by the human-shaped Ankou, while the 'Right skull half' which is the human-like half skull is dropped by the bull-headed Minotaurs