|Release date||13 August 2013 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can retrieve it from Dawn's body in the Saradominist tomb, via the portal at the top of the Black Knights' Fortress.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Alas, poor Dulcin. I never knew you. (The Death of Chivalry)|
The Skull of Remembrance is the skull of Captain Dulcin and a reward from the Death of Chivalry quest. It is found when searching Dawn's corpse in the Tomb of the Fallen after the quest. The skull allows the player to replay the cutscenes and other parts of the quest, and also has a right-click teleport option, which teleports the player to the ritual chamber in the Black Knights fortress, conveniently close to a bank chest. You can't teleport when in the Wilderness.
Using the teleport option on the skull of remembrance is the fastest way to teleport to a bank on a Free-to-Play world.
Though high level players generally prefer the TokKul-Zo for quickly teleporting to a bank, the Skull has a few advantages over it. For one, the TokKul-Zo requires completion of The Elder Kiln, a Master difficulty quest with multiple skill requirements, whereas the Skull only requires the completion of The Death of Chivalry, a Novice difficulty quest with no skill requirements. The Fight Caves destination from the TokKul-Zo is close to a Fairy Ring that allows for additional quick teleporting. If the TokKul-Zo is lost then recovered or just becomes uncharged, it loses its ability to teleport entirely until recharged. By contrast, the Skull never loses that ability. High level players may still find the TokKul-Zo better overall, but low or mid level players could consider carrying it in their inventory for an easy banking solution.
By gazing into the skull, the following cutscenes can be rewatched:
- Saradomin's Arrival.
- Deliberately Distressed Damsel.
- Player's Sacrifice OR Sir Owen's Sacrifice (Depending on the player's decision during the quest)
- Knight of the Living Dead.
- Righteous Fury or Saradomin's Gift (Depending on the player's decision during the quest)
It can also be used on various items. The currently known items are:
- Using a Gilded cabbage on it allows you to remember your audience with Brassica Prime.
- Using it on Dawn's body allows you to fight her again.
- Using Zilyana's Gift from The World Wakes quest or a Commorb v2 on it allows you to recall a conversation with Saradomin about his regret about the Naragi race. (If you received Juna's or Azzanadra's Gift, you can return to the Guthixian High Druid to swap it for Zilyana's Gift.)
- Using it with the tapestry in the Black Knights' Fortress will replay Sir Owen's commentary about them.
- The examine text is a reference to William Shakespeare's Hamlet; “Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio;"