Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
White Skull Edit
With the legacy mode update the skull has been reverted back to its pre-EOC mechanics.
The white skull is a feature that appears when a player/familiar attacks another player or their familiar (in the Wilderness), loots from a Wilderness Warbands camp or enters the Abyss without having a Forinthry brace equipped. A safer way of getting a skull can also be done by asking Mr Ex in Edgeville to skull the player.
Note: Cannons will also skull the owner if a cannonball hits another player's familiar.
As soon as one of the following methods above occurs, the skull will appear above their character. If a player dies with a skull in the Wilderness (and dungeons linked to the Wilderness, excluding the King Black Dragon's lair), they will drop all of their items upon death, unless a Protect Item mechanic is used (the prayer itself, or consuming a Fury shark), in which they keep their most valuable item with them. If a skulled player dies outside the Wilderness, gravestones will appear instead if they are allowed.
Contrary to popular belief, if you are attacked by another player, you can attack that player back without getting skulled.
Upon leaving the area where the skulled appear, a timer of 10 (or 20 minutes if you attacked another player/familiar) will count down; once this timer expires, the skull is removed from the player. Players can remove skulls immediately by dying to monsters, in safe minigames or the Flame pit in a player's Player owned House.
The Red skull is a status effect which players will gain after winning a round of the TzHaar Fight Pits. The red skull does not appear outside the Fight Pits, and disappears if the player with it leaves the Fight Pits or switches worlds. It will also disappear if another player wins the next round of the Fight Pits. Players with a red skull will not lose their items if they die, as the Fight Pits is a "safe" minigame. The only way to have the red skull outside the fight pits is with a glitch.
Pre-Legacy Update Skull Mechanics Edit
The Skull was a status effect indicated the user has Multi-way combat activated in the wilderness. The Skull will disappear after the player has left the Wilderness.
Skulled players could only engage other skulled players in combat, and non-skulled players could only engage other non-skulled players.
- In RuneScape Classic, getting marked with a skull was officially known as setting one's alignment to Evil.
- The skull is said to be the mark of Zamorak during the Abyss miniquest.
- Sir Renitee used to ask for the player to be skulled for switching to the "Skull" family crest.
- Prior to the legacy update the skull signified whether a player was in multi or single way combat, this has since been reverted to the pre-eoc mechanics which bases combat type based on location
- There was a glitch with the discontinued ability Single-Way Wilderness; if a player still had it on their action bar after it was removed from the list of abilities, they would be able to toggle their Wilderness Skull on and off. This has been fixed.
- There are several bugs involving familiars and specific abilities that can make innocent players get skulled, even if they did not attack other players while unskulled.