|Total level: 1820|
A Skill pure or skiller is a player that develops non-combat skills rather than combat skills. Skill pures usually have the goal to reach as high as possible in all skills that do not increase Combat level, and keep combat skills at level 1, making them 3 combat. This makes it harder to gain levels, as areas with dangerous monsters, or areas that require a quest involving combat, cannot be used for training. Combat skills (Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Summoning and Magic) are not trained by skillers. After the Evolution of Combat update on November 20, 2012, skillers could train Constitution and Prayer without raising their combat level past 4. However, with the re-release of the Level 138 combat calculation, this is no longer possible.
It is recommended that skill pures wield ranged weapons without ammo (a shortbow, shieldbow, crossbow for example) or a magic weapon without setting an autocast spell (such as a staff, magic staff, or wizard wand). This is to avoid getting combat XP by accidentally attacking monsters.
Note: due to the Evolution of Combat, many of these quests are now more difficult to complete without gaining experience. Using Rings of recoil may result in gaining combat experience, as you gain the experience after killing the monster.There is also currently a fix during some quests where the recoil will not complete a kill and the monster will either regenerate from zero or not drop the item required, such as keys.
Maximum Quest Points (Free-Play): 28
Maximum Quest Points (Member): 153
- Free to Play
- Cook's Assistant
- Druidic Ritual
- Ernest the Chicken
- Goblin Diplomacy
- Gunnar's Ground
- The Knight's Sword
- Let Them Eat Pie
- Myths of the White Lands
- Pirate's Treasure
- Shield of Arrav
- Swept Away
- What's Mine is Yours
- Buyers and Cellars
- Clock Tower
- Cold War (Gives 40 Attack experience)
- Creature of Fenkenstrain
- Deadliest Catch
- Death Plateau
- The Dig Site
- Dwarf Cannon
- Eagle's Peak
- Elemental Workshop I
- Enlightened Journey
- The Feud
- Fishing Contest
- Garden of Tranquillity
- Gertrude's Cat
- The Golem
- The Hand in the Sand
- Hazeel Cult
- In Pyre Need
- Jungle Potion
- Lost City
- The Lost Tribe
- Merlin's Crystal
- Monk's Friend
- Murder Mystery
- My Arm's Big Adventure
- Observatory Quest (Constellation may give 875 combat experience)
- Perils of Ice Mountain
- Plague City
- Recipe for Disaster: Dwarf
- Recipe for Disaster: Goblin Generals
- Recipe for Disaster: Starting Out
- Sea Slug
- Sheep Herder
- Shilo Village
- Tears of Guthix
- The Tourist Trap
- Tower of Life
- Tribal Totem
The skills required to complete the above quests are the following:
|Total level: 641|
A Citadel pure is a type of skill pure, a player account created solely for the purpose of skilling in a Clan Citadel. As such, the only skills trained on a Citadel pure account are the skills involved in Citadel resourcing: Woodcutting, Mining, Firemaking, Smithing, Cooking, Crafting and Summoning.
These accounts are often created by higher-ranking members of clans to assist in the process of gaining needed resources each week. Only a certain amount of resources may be collected by a single account per week, so the creator uses this account to collect more resources than would normally be allowed.
There are certain activities that skillers can do. The ones listed are those that are possible to do at 3 combat. Some activities may need precaution to avoid combat experience.
- Barbarian Assault
- Castle Wars
- Duel Arena
- Fist of Guthix
- Games Room in Burthorpe
- Gnome Delivery
- Great Orb Project
- Mobilising Armies
- Pyramid Plunder
- Rogue's Den
- Sorceress' Garden
- Social Slayer
- Soul Wars
- Stealing Creation
- Trawler Fishing
- ^ The best role for a skiller is the Collector role. He or she can stand near the cannons, and only pick up eggs when there are no monsters around. It is recommended to wait for all the penance rangers to be dead. Alternatively, if a skiller chooses the same role as someone else and stays behind the Horn of Glory, he or she will receive as many Honour points as the other person of the same role. Jugs of wine are recommended to take, as they are allowed inside of Barbarian Assault.
- ^ Having the opponent forfeit will give a skiller kills on his or her Duellist's cap without giving any combat experience.
- ^ Only when losing each round, as winning would involve killing the other player, which gives combat experience. It is also possible to let the opponent forfeit to get more tokens per round.
- ^ Opening the sarcophagus gives Strength experience.
- ^ For a skiller to receive co-op points, he or she must kill at least 1 monster in the Slayer task. To do this, he or she must hit a 0 on it and use rings of recoil to kill it (note that no real damage has to be dealt.) Drinking a dose of Saradomin brew is recommended to do this. Only Turael can assign a skiller slayer tasks, as all other slayer masters require a higher combat level.
- ^ To avoid getting kicked by a low activity bar, a player can use bandages on their team mates, or bury bones in the graveyard as it gives no Prayer experience. Since zeals can be redeemed for Slayer experience, this is a very ideal way to train Slayer.
- ^ Stealing creation might also involve combat, but there are specific non-combat clans that make it possible to play Stealing Creation safely as a skill pure.
- ^ No combat experience is gained at all in the wilderness, other than from familiars. The fastest way to gain kills on a skiller is by using Darklight and having a friend use the Edgeville lever to teleport over and over.
- Certain quests are impossible as some carry combat skill rewards or involve killing a monster (which can be challenging).
- Skillers are unable to wield any weapons or armour requiring a combat-related skill of a level higher than one.
- Skillers with 85+ Mining are not able to effectively mine runite ore, making the skill less useful. Although, since the new Resource Dungeon release, those who have a sufficient Dungeoneering level can access new and safe runite rocks.
- Slayer is very difficult to level efficiently. Although Slayer tasks can be completed using rings of recoil and retribution/wrath, methods such as using experience lamps and the rewards from Penguin Hide and Seek and Soul Wars can be used to get experience without actually completing any Slayer tasks.
- Constitution, like Slayer, is also very difficult. It can be trained in the same way as Slayer.
- Another challenge for skillers is the fact that a lot of people don't like the idea of them. Many skillers have to put up with a lot of insulting and negativity from other players. However, this is not always the case, as many skillers become what they are due to popularity of creating a skiller.
- Only skiller accounts created before the Rune Mysteries, November 20, 2012, could complete the quest and remain level 3. After the update, skillers who attempt the quest gain 250 magic experience, bringing the player to level 4.
Skillers in CombatEdit
Skillers can train some skills that have uses in combat. Skillers use these skills to defend, not to attack, so they won't get any combat experience. These skills are
- Slayer - Gives access to new equipment which can be used in combat
- Constitution - Increases your maximum amount of health as well as the amount certain foods heal you
- Prayer - Gives access to new prayers which give combat bonuses such as steel skin (to take less damage) or rapid heal (to heal faster). Also increases your maximum amount of prayer points.
- Firemaking - Extra health when contributing to Bonfires
- Dungeoneering - Gives access to new equipment which can be used in combat
- Herblore - Gives access to non-tradeable potions which can be useful in combat
- Agility - Increases the rate in which your run energy restores and decreases the rate in which it lowers.
- There are a few skillers that have level 9 Constitution. This was done by making an account in RuneScape Classic and transferring it to RuneScape 2. Since you only received 1000 Constitution experience in RuneScape Classic, when you switched to RuneScape 2, you would have level 9 Constitution.
- There have also been skillers with level 1 Constitution. This was done by botting in the early stages of RuneScape Classic. If caught by Jagex, they would reset your Constitution experience to 0. Some of these accounts have since been locked by Jagex.