The Skill Hall in a player-owned house is a room where the player can display various skill achievements.
There are 6 different hotspots available:
- Castle Wars Armour
- Head trophy
- Fishing trophy
- Rune case
The main building hotspot in the Skill Hall is the Stair/Rug spot. Either stairs or a rug may be built, but not both. Building rugs will have no complications involved, however stairs can be cumbersome to work with and potentially very costly to get right.
When building skill halls it is important to note which direction the staircases will be able to be built. When adding a skill hall, from the default position, staircases going down will have their top step facing the doorway from whence the room was built. For staircases going up, the bottom of the stairs will face the doorway opposite the one from whence the room was built.
When a staircase is added to a Skill Hall, they will connect to the room above or below by default if and only if the room is facing the proper direction. If it is not, then one of the rooms will have to be demolished and rebuilt in order to secure a connection. This restriction is in effect for both normal staircases and, even though they do not have a "direction", spiral staircases. It should be noted that a spiral staircase on the ground floor allows for passage to both the basement and first floor, while a regular staircase only allows for passage to one or the other.
If there is no room above or below the staircase, players attempting to ascend or descend it will be told that the staircase goes nowhere and asked if they wish to build a room there. The available room depends on what level the staircase is built from.
|First floor||N/A|| Quest Hall|
|Ground|| Quest Hall|
| Quest Hall|
|Dungeon|| Quest Hall|
|Rug||13||4 bolts of cloth||60||4,488|
|Oak staircase||27||10 Oak planks, 4 steel bars||680||8,786|
|Teak staircase||48||10 Teak planks, 4 steel bars||980||12,366|
|Opulent rug||65||4 bolts of cloth, 1 gold leaf||360||132,879|
|Spiral staircase||67||10 Teak planks, 7 limestone bricks||1040||10,827|
|Marble staircase||82||5 Mahogany planks, 5 marble blocks||3200||1,547,275|
|Marble spiral||97||10 Teak planks, 7 marble blocks||4400||2,157,552|
|Rug||Opulent rug||Oak staircase||Teak staircase|
|Spiral staircase||Marble staircase||Marble Spiral|
Castle Wars armourEdit
If a player removes a Castle Wars armour stand, they will receive the armour back.
|Basic decorative armour stand||28||2 Oak planks, 1 Basic decorative helm, shield, and body||135||1,042 and 18 Silver castle wars tickets|
|Detailed decorative armour stand||28||2 Oak planks, 1 Detailed decorative helm, shield, and body||150||1,042 and 180 Gold castle wars tickets|
|Intricate decorative armour stand||28||2 Oak planks, 1 Intricate decorative helm, shield, and body||165||1,042 and 1,800 Gold castle wars tickets|
|Profound decorative armour stand||28||2 Oak planks, 1 Profound decorative helm, shield, and body||180||1,042 and 2,550 Gold castle wars tickets|
|Basic decorative armour||Detailed decorative armour||Intricate decorative armour||Profound decorative armour|
- This section is about the armour display stand. See armour stand for the repair stand in the Workshop.
Adding armour to the Skill Hall requires the player to be able to smith the particular armour. If a player wishes to remove their armour stand they will receive the armour they placed on the stand back. It is possible to use dwarven stout to boost Smithing up to the required level. Having another player with the required level assist you does not work.
|Smithing armour||Image||Construction Level||Smithing Level||Materials||Experience||Cost|
|Mithril armour||28||68||2 Oak planks, 1 mithril full helmet, plateskirt, and platebody||135||5,388|
|Adamant armour||28||88||2 Oak planks, 1 adamant full helmet, plateskirt, and platebody||150||14,846|
|Rune armour||28||99||2 Oak planks, 1 rune full helmet, plateskirt, and platebody||165||94,982|
|Mithril armour||Adamant armour||Rune armour|
Certain monsters will rarely drop an intact head (or hand) which can be stuffed at the taxidermist in Canifis and then displayed in the player's skill hall. Players can have conversations with the mounted heads.
|Crawling hand||38||2 Teak planks, 1 Stuffed Hand||211 (261 Slayer)||2,758|
|Cockatrice head||38||2 Teak planks, 1 Stuffed Cockatrice||224 (294 Slayer)||3,758|
|Basilisk head||38||2 Teak planks, 1 Stuffed Basilisk||243 (343 Slayer)||5,758|
|Kurask head||58||2 Mahogany planks, 1 Stuffed Kurask||357 (657 Slayer)||10,978|
|Abyssal demon head||58||2 Mahogany planks, 1 Stuffed Abyssal Demon||389 (889 Slayer)||16,978|
|King Black Dragon head||78||2 Mahogany planks, 1 Stuffed King Black Dragon, 2 gold leaves||1103 (200 Attack, Strength,|
Defence, Ranged, and Magic)
|Kalphite Queen head||78||2 Mahogany planks, 1 Stuffed Kalphite Queen, 2 gold leaves||1103 (200 Attack, Strength,|
Defence, Ranged, and Magic)
|Crawling hand||Cockatrice head||Basilisk head||Kurask head||Abyssal demon head||King black dragon heads||Kalphite Queen head|
While fishing, it's possible to catch a bigger version of a bass, swordfish, and shark. When catching one, a player will get the message: 'You catch an enormous bass/swordfish/shark!' If a player is lucky enough to get one, they can take it to the taxidermist in Canifis and get it stuffed for a small fee. It can then be mounted in a player owned house.
|Fishing trophy type||Image||Level||Materials||Experience||Cost|
|Mounted bass||36||2 Oak planks, 1 stuffed bass||151 Construction and Fishing||2,042|
|Mounted swordfish||56||2 Teak planks, 1 stuffed swordfish||230 Construction and Fishing||4,258|
|Mounted shark||76||2 Mahogany planks, 1 stuffed shark||350 Construction and Fishing||9,978|
|Mounted bass||Mounted swordfish||Mounted shark|
To build a rune display case, the player must be able to craft all of the runes it contains.
|Rune case||Image||Construction Level||Runecrafting Level||Materials||Experience||Cost|
|Rune case 1||41||14||2 Teak planks, 2 pieces of molten glass,|
1 earth, air, fire, and water rune
|190 (25 Runecrafting)||2,392|
|Rune case 2||41||44||2 Teak planks, 2 pieces of molten glass,|
1 body, cosmic, chaos and nature rune
|212 (44 Runecrafting)||3,082|
|Rune case 1||Rune case 2|
- Previously, when removing stairs, connected rooms would have to be removed first. This is no longer the case.
- After an update to Castle Wars, the three castle wars armour stands that were available at the time (Armour 1: Red with blue trim, Armour 2: White with blue trim, Armour 3: Gold with black trim) were renamed to Basic, Detailed and Intricate Armours. They were given a graphical update, taking the new armour designs/colours as updated in Castle Wars, and a stand design as used in decorations in the Daemonheim dungeon. A fourth stand for the more expensive Profound castlewars armour was added.
- Due to a graphical update, the metal armour stands now display a shield instead of a plateskirt. The required items have not changed to reflect this update.
- Prior to the release of the God Wars Dungeon (28 August 2007), King Black Dragon heads and the Kalphite Queen head were relatively normal in a mid-high levelled player's house, as they were popular bosses. However, after the release of the God Wars Dungeon, players fighting these bosses declined considerably. Subsequently, it is now quite rare to see these two particular heads.
- Also, seeing a mounted fish is now considerably rarer too. This is because monkfish give better fishing experience, and are caught faster than sharks. Lobsters are generally caught in preference to catching swordfish (and tuna). Bass is also rare because when attempting to catch bass, you also get other fish such as mackerel and cod as well as other junk items like leather armour and oysters. Hence, the three mountable fish are mostly caught by players who want significantly more money than experience, or by trophy hunters.
|Castle Wars armour stands||
|Rune display cases||
|Fish trophy heads|
|Slayer trophy heads|