- Not to be confused with Skeletal sorcerer.
|Release date||2 May 2006 (Update)|
|Combat level||70 / 16|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Slayer XP||80 / 16|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria|
|Always drops||Ashes / Bones|
|Examine text|| Piscatoris Fishing Colony:|
Doesn't seem to want to go away.
An undead worker of dark magic.
Dead, but still powerful.
Skeleton mages are monsters found in some of the more troubled areas of RuneScape. They use Magic and may cast the spell Vulnerability on a player. Thus, very high Defence and combat levels are recommended, as is dragonhide armour.
After completing the Swan Song quest, Skeleton mages can be 'summoned' after a fashion, although this does not involve the Summoning skill. Players can ask Malignius Mortifer for some more bone seeds. When they open the pot they receive, a Skeleton mage appears, performs a random emote, and falls apart.
- Piscatoris Fishing Colony (level 70)
- Waterfall Dungeon (level 16)
- Rimmington (Unattackable, occasionally called up by Malignius Mortifier)
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mind rune 7–9 Common 28–36 Chaos rune 2–4 Uncommon 82–164 Law rune 2–3 Uncommon 358–537 Nature rune 1–3 Rare 111–333
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Uncut sapphire 1 Uncommon 1,121 Uncut opal 1 Common 121 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 3,649 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,741
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 489 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 46 Grimy harralander 1 Rare 568 Grimy tarromin 1 Rare 228 Grimy irit 1 Rare 1,816 Grimy avantoe 1 Very rare 4,039 Grimy kwuarm 1 Very rare 2,478 Grimy cadantine 1 Very rare 2,498 Grimy lantadyme 1 Very rare 7,843 Grimy ranarr 1 Very rare 2,130 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Very rare 8,203
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 27–434 Common Not sold Pot of flour 1 (noted) Common 115 Iron bar 1–2 Uncommon 210–420 Big bones 3–4 Rare 1,299–1,732 Loop half of a key 1 Very rare 7,954
- Skeleton mages can perform the Zombie dance and Zombie walk emotes, even though they are skeletons.
- On occasion, Malignius Mortifer may successfully cast one of his necromancy spells, and a Skeleton mage will appear. However, it has no combat level and may only be examined.
- If you try to open the pot too near Malignius Mortifer he will say 'You should take that pot further away from me before you open it!'.
- The Skeleton mages occasionally say "I will infect your body with rot..." if you get within melee range. They do not, however, cause Disease.