|Release||10 August 2009 (Update)|
|I can't believe the Odd Old Man was carrying that on his back.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|20 / 13 / 6|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
The Skeletal horror is a monster which may be fought after completing the Rag and Bone Man and Fur 'n' Seek wish list miniquests. The horror may be killed once a week after completion of the miniquests, resetting every Wednesday at 00:00 UTC.
Once defeated, the Odd Old Man will thank the player and reward them for their efforts. The first time the creature is defeated, the player will be rewarded with 10,000 Slayer experience and 7,000 Prayer experience. Subsequent kills will reward experience based on the player's Slayer level.
To fight the Skeletal Horror again the player must speak with the Odd Old Man and ask him to rebuild the creature; he will then rebuild the creature every week for the player to fight. Every subsequent fight after will reward the player with Slayer and Prayer experience based on the level of the respective skill.
Fighting the horrorEdit
The minimum Slayer level required to finish the prerequisites of fighting the Skeletal Horror is level 72. Only the experience rewarded from that level onward is shown below.
The minimum Prayer level required to finish the prerequisites of fighting the Skeletal Horror is level 30. Only the experience rewarded from that level onward is shown below.
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Always||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Skeleton Champion's scroll||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Bone I Fired ( 10) - Defeat the Skeletal Horror whilst wielding Zanik's crossbow and using bone bolts.
- In the old diary, it is suggested that the Skeletal horror's skull was the model for the black mask.
- The Skeletal Horror is supposed to be an ancient beast yet most of its bones are from other creatures. Some, such as the skull, are presumably the original bones of the ancient beast that the Odd Old Man found.
- The Skeletal horror has one of the 'non-chafing manacles' that was on the Odd Old Man's wishlist after completing the Rag and Bone Man quest and the first wishlist. It appears that the Golden Fleece is what makes it non-chafing.
- All the bones retrieved from Rag and Bone Man, Rag and Bone Man wishlist and the Fur 'n' Seek wishlist can be found on the Skeletal horror.
- The Skeletal Horror dropped elite clue scrolls 1/20th of the time after 4 August 2010. It was changed to 100% after 26 May 2015.
- The Skeletal Horror is currently the only Elite clue dropping monster that does not drop Hard clues.
- During the cutscene before the fight, the Skeletal Horror's health bar is set to 3,250 life points.
- It is possible to kill the Skeletal Horror without burying all body parts.
- Instead of burying, Skeletal Horror's limbs can be disassembled with the Invention skill.
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon||
|Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon||
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon||
|God Wars Dungeon||
|Taverley Slayer Dungeon||
|Monastery of Ascension||
|Sophanem Slayer Dungeon||
|The Lost Grove||
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|