For the music track, see Skeletal Trio (music track).
|Release date||19 August 2010 (Update)|
|Combat level||142, 154, 169, 180, 191, 205|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A former adventurer, slain and resurrected by a necrolord.|
The Skeletal trio is a boss in Daemonheim encountered on the Occult floors, requiring a Dungeoneering level of 71 or more to encounter and fight. It consists of a Skeletal Warrior, a Skeletal Archer and a Skeletal Sorcerer.
This boss consists of three skeletons that each use a different attack style. During the battle the bosses alternate prayers randomly, disabling you from using that certain attack style. Defeating the bosses in a team require that you pay attention to which of the skeletons are attacking you, and changing your protect prayers accordingly. By default, however, you should protect from magic, as the sorcerer hits much harder and more accurately than the ranger and you can stay out of range of any melee attacks. However the ranger should be the first target since he is the same level as the sorcerer always, and at levels above 192 can hit over 400 in one attack, making it very dangerous.
If you are using melee, try to kill the ranger first, then the mage, then the warrior. If you are low on prayer and have no way of restoring it, attack the mage first with Retribution or Wrath active, since they will kill you before you can kill anything else. Then go with either the warrior or ranger, but the ranger should be targeted because it has a higher accuracy than the warrior. The ranger has the least melee defence and will fall quickly, meaning you must tank fewer hits while protecting from magic. The mage has the next lowest melee defence and should be attacked second, or whenever the ranger protects from melee. The warrior should be killed last as you can use binding spells to prevent all melee damage without using prayer. If all three skeletons are protecting from the only style you have, you should temporarily teleport out to avoid wasting food, especially if the archer is still alive.
One tip for players who don't have bind runes is to trap the warrior behind the other two. To lure the skeletons, go inside the room with Protect from Mage activated, attract their attention, and teleport out. They will follow and become stuck in a line along the wall with the ranger closest to the door and the warrior farthest away. This way, when entering the room, only the mage and ranger can attack. Slash attack seems to be the most effective against both mage and ranger, while crush is more effective on the warrior. The best weapon to take down the warrior is with a maul, since they do a lot of damage on them. Crush is also somewhat effective on the ranger. Be sure you have a ranged weapon for this or you will make the warrior "dehug" the unit in front of it.
At their highest combat levels (most commonly encountered in a 5:5 dungeon with all players near level 200), the three skeletons can regularly hit over 500 damage with their attack, and the warrior and sorcerer can even hit in the mid-700s. This makes it extremely dangerous for more than one to be attacking one player at the same time. In a dungeon made for at least three people, the trio is usually a high enough level that if a player gets attacked by the mage and ranger at the same time, they will get hit extremely hard and will likely have to teleport or may die quickly. Even a level 143 Skeletal sorcerer can regularly hit 600+ with its attack.
Soloing as a level 90-100 will make it very common to see the warrior as level 54 or 71, and the ranger and mage to have the same combat level of 61 or 83. Bring runes for Bind, Snare or Entangle to keep the warrior away from you. Make sure you have a strong slash defence, as when the warrior attacks it is a swing attack, or slash. Even a ranger with 75 defence can hold off with ranged armour on the warrior.
If you are alone, it is advised to use Protect from/Deflect Magic and kill the archer first, then the sorcerer, and finally, the warrior. While the sorcerer may seem like the most dangerous at first, bear in mind that you will be praying against its attacks, reducing the damage you take by 50%. If you entangle the warrior or trap him behind one of the other skeletons, the only one that will be able to damage you is the archer, who, due to his accurate hits, should be killed as quickly as possible. Once the archer is killed, trap the warrior behind the sorceror and kill the sorceror. Then, change to a melee prayer and kill the warrior.
Teams that have high levelled skeletons should always switch targets to deal constant damage. Surge spells are especially useful on the warrior, and you can use Vulnerability or bloodrager scrolls on the sorcerer or archer to allow your fellow players using melee to kill them faster. Use all of the high level curses on the warrior to make him deal less damage (the warrior, if he hits, usually deals around 200+) and lower all of its stats.
Even though they use prayers, holding spells will still hit through them. If they are using Protect from Magic, do Bind, Snare, or Entangle to make them stay in that spot. It is very useful for the warrior, though they will have a few seconds immunity once they can move freely.
The best way to defeat this boss in a team is for everyone to prepare good armour and binds. Everyone should turn on Protect From Magic or Deflect Magic, quickly pile the ranger while Entangling the Warrior constantly. This way, damage from both melee and magic is ignored while the ranger's attacks can be tanked with armour. Once the ranger is dead, the team should focus on the mage then the warrior.
Note: With a primal platebody, the warrior is very inaccurate. The chance is even less with a prayer that raises defence.
Without promethium or primal gear, and if your team is inexperienced and such cannot trap the warrior easily, the following strategy should work. Players need one mage in their team. Four players enter the room, the mage staying outside, praying against magic and piling the ranger. The mage enters a few seconds after, and attacks the warrior, who would be focusing on some other player. The targetted player then teleports outside through the means of the group gatestone teleport. The warrior will now home in on the mage, who keeps attacking, entangling and moving back when needed. The player who teleported out comes back in and piles the ranger with everyone else. The mage keeps the warrior distracted, luring it far away from the rest. If the mage is cornered, he or she turns on protect melee and deals with the warrior. When the archer or sorcerer switch target to the player mage, the player mage teleports out, and enters when the archer/sorcerer finds a new target. If the mage dies, he or she should return in seconds through the gatestone, and distract the warrior again. Once the ranger is dead, all players teleport out, recharge prayer, redistribute food, and , in a minute, return to fight again. After the sorcerer is slain, the warrior should also be dead. If not, all players can pile the warrior, killing it fast.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Tangle gum shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Seeping elm shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Blood spindle shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Utuku shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Spinebeam shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Bovistrangler shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Thigat shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Corpsethorn shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Entgallow shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Grave creeper shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Sagittarian shortbow 1 Varies Not sold Dungeoneering journals Various parts Common Not sold
Bow comes with arrows of that same tier (its metal).
You also have a chance to get the Skeletal Trio journal.
- Each member of the trio is wearing a full tier 11 set of equipment: Primal (melee), Sagittarian (ranged) and Celestial (magic). These armours are highly damaged, though.
- This is one of the only two bosses in Dungeoneering that have multiple enemies as the boss, the other being skeletal horde (Yk'lagor the Thunderous has mages that you attack to free him).
- Their names are Radgund, Griss, and Bellefleur. However, it is not known which one is the mage, ranger, or warrior. The mage is likely to be Radgund, as the Tombstone Transcription (misc. journal 11) is written by him, noting that he has transcribed the Grave Creeper's tomb, indicating that he is an academically learned individual, suitable for the role of a mage. Bellefleur's Journal is written in a more free form, and he gives somewhat of a stubborn image of Griss, suitable for a more physically oriented person. This makes it highly possible that he is the ranger, and Griss is the warrior of the trio.
- The Skeletal Trio are one of the only four dungeoneering bosses that use protection prayers. The others are the Runebound behemoth, Sagittare Bolton, and Astea Frostweb.
- There is a glitch where the warrior's level will jump from 185-226 and back again (repeating indefinitely). It is assumed that his combat level should be 185, due to the fact that most trio levels have the warrior slightly higher than the sorcerer and archer.
- With a good mager and cooperative players, it is possible (albeit unlikely due to the archer's accuracy) for an entire team to take no damage from this boss.
- The Skeletal Trio's boss chamber has three statues carved into the walls; One of a warrior, one of a ranger, and one of a mage. These are most likely tributes to Radgund, Griss, and Bellefleur, and could possibly even be their tombs.
- When you manage to damage them, they make a splatting like sound, similar to the old sound effects used by skeletons.
- When they die, the death sound seems like the splatting sound draining away.
- The skeletal trio journal shows that the ranger was executed by the necrolords. It seems like he has 77 dungeoneering, or he found another way or was led by those of Bilrach's forces. It also says that they were moved to the occult floors, meaning that they could have 70 dungeoneering and descended down another floor to give them 71.
- When the ranger defends himself, its animation is when you defend with an abyssal whip without a shield/defender. The sorcerer's defend animation is the same as that of the staff of light.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|