|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
The Skeletal Horde is a Dungeoneering boss, composed of a collection of skeletons, that can be encountered during several Dungeoneering floors. These floors range from the first and second set of Abandons; floors 12-17 and floors 30-35.
The boss consists of several (quite many) skeletons of varying levels, from the lowest levelled skeleton to a level 178 skeleton. The monsters are immune to the effects of the Shadow silk hood, and do not drop anything. Their health is also half of the maximum health they would usually have. (500 would turn into 250).
Every three kills the player/team makes, the skinweaver will send a message saying the tunnel has weakened. Block it immediately to prevent the spawn of more skeletons. If you block it and she has not said anything yet, you will be dealt heavy damage.
Soloing this boss is quite easy. First, wait for a skeleton to appear and kill it quickly. Then, as more skeletons spawn, turn on the needed prayer and tank the other's hit. Depending on the threat of the skeleton, you can analyze by these ways:
- The combat level of the skeleton.
- Experience you had fighting them outside and inside the room.
- The combat style of the skeleton.
As soloing will make you encounter less high levelled skeletons, if any appear, kill them immediately as they can expend food supplies and deal heavy damage, potentially causing death. If you are low on health, run to the platform the skinweaver is on to heal yourself, but eat if needed, as even with her healing, you can still end up dying.
Doing it in a large party can be quite challenging. High levelled skeletons will spawn out of the tunnels, and players will need to constantly teleport out/heal themselves at the platform. The skinweaver is only able to heal one person at a time, so the person with lowest health should be on the platform while the others deal with the skeletons. If more melee skeletons appear, use Protect/Deflect melee as they can hit quite hard, even through high tiered armour. If any mages/rangers appear, kill them quickly as you are going to tank their attacks, and they can also hit quite hard on you.
If you are meleeing, ensure that auto-retaliate is off if you wish to stay near the Divine Skinweaver to heal. If you have high Ranged/Magic and are idling, the horde/boss can be ranged/maged while standing on the tiles surrounding the skinweaver with your auto-retaliate on.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Novite full helm 1 Varies Not sold Bathus full helm 1 Varies Not sold Marmaros full helm 1 Varies Not sold Kratonite full helm 1 Varies Not sold Fractite full helm 1 Varies Not sold Zephyrium full helm 1 Varies Not sold Argonite full helm 1 Varies Not sold Katagon full helm 1 Varies Not sold Gorgonite full helm 1 Varies Not sold Promethium full helm 1 Varies Not sold Primal full helm 1 Varies Not sold Dungeoneering journals Various parts Common Not sold
- The Skeletal Horde is one of the few Dungeoneering bosses that is not immune to poison, along with the Unholy Cursebearer, Sagittare, Warped Gulega and Blink.
- If there are no players within range of a skeleton, the skeleton in question will wander around until it's attacked or a player gets into its range. This makes the Skeletal Horde possibly the only boss which has a chance of not attacking a player.
- Contrary to popular belief, the skeletons encountered here will ignore the effects of the Shadow silk hood.
- It is impossible to get the dungeoneering title "Double K.O." for this boss, because the system counts talking to the Divine Skinweaver, after blocking all tunnels and killing all skeletons, as "defeating the boss".
- The skeletal mages appear to be wearing robes with the symbol of Iban.
- There is a graphical glitch where the end dungeon ladder is already open, but you cannot go down because it is a graphical glitch. This can go for some other dungeon boss rooms also. When the boss is dead it will glitch where it will be closed then open up slowly.
- The highest level a skeleton of the horde can be is a level 178 warrior. The skeleton can also be seen outside the boss room, if the party is at a high level. (Note: Level 198 skeleton warriors, rangers and mages have been reported in a solo medium dungeon. This may or may not be a glitch).
- Skeletons not in the boss room are often stronger than the ones in the boss room, unless the party is all at high levels in a large dungeon, such as all level 200's (this would mean both inside and outside players would see maxed out skeletons).
- This is the only boss group that has decreased health for the units.
- According to the combat interface, all skeletons in the horde has reduced defence.
- There is an uncommon glitch in which a player may not receive any Helmet from talking to the Divine Skinweaver after completing the fight. It is likely that this glitch occurs only when the player has less than full health, as the Divine Skinweaver is programmed to heal the player when spoken to if the player is at less than 100% health. (Found while soloing; may not be applicable to groups).
|Abandoned 1 & 2|