|Release date||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||One Piercing Note|
|Location(s)||Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede|
|Examine||It looks like she's the abbey's cook.|
Sister Elena was an elderly nun at the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede who acted as its cook. She tended to favour cabbage-based dishes, such as cabbage soup, due to its abundance at the Abbey. She had a low opinion of Sisters Anna and Catherina, considering the former to be a troublemaker who was too strict with the rules and the latter to be undisciplined. She was unhappy with her life at the Abbey but didn't have the courage to leave, and one day, while getting supplies in Al Kharid, she met the troubadour Valerio. They began a secret affair, using food packages to smuggle letters to each other, and using a secret passage in the kitchen to allow Valerio undisturbed access to the abbey. However, Sister Anna found the letters and demanded Sister Elena be expelled from the abbey. Abbess Benita chose to be lenient, giving Sister Elena a final chance so long as she broke off the relationship. However, their relationship continued.
She was the second victim of the Killer, after an applicant disguised to look like Sister Anna. The Killer snuck in using the tunnel in the kitchen and slew Sister Elena for her relationship with Valerio, considering her to be unworthy of being a member of the Abbey. The Killer then used the same tunnel to escape after being spotted by Sister Cecilia.
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Cabbage soup. It's amazing what you can do with cabbages if they're all you have to cook with."
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "But [Sister Anna] did cause conflict. Most of the sisters didn't see it, but I did. She was always arguing with the abbess. Sister Anna thought Sister Benita was too lenient with the order's rules."
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I bet it was Sister Catherina. Novices have to be taught discipline. I've seen her sneaking an extra cup of wine at meal times."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "She wasn't happy here, you know. She could have been so much more, if she'd had the courage to leave."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I met her when she came down to Al Kharid to buy supplies. We started writing to one another, hiding letters with boxes of food. I came up to see her last night. There was a hole in the kitchen wall that she used to smuggle me in."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "*Sigh*...I thought that was over. A few months ago, Sister Anna brought me a stack of letters she'd found in Sister Elena's room. She was furious. Sister Anna wanted to expel Sister Elena, but I decided to give her a second chance. She appeared contrite. As long as she stopped seeing Valerio, I said she could stay in the abbey."
- ^ The Killer, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "They were all...dancers! They weren't worthy to be in this abbey. Saint Elspeth commanded me to remove them!"
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|