|Release date||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||One Piercing Note|
|Location(s)||Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede|
|Examine|| She's only a novice.|
Sister Catherina is an novice nun at the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede. She was tasked by Abbess Benita to wait outside the abbey for an adventurer in order to gain their help investigating a murder. Afterwards, she moved to the oratory.
She applied to join the abbey on the same day as Isabella and they were both interviewed by Sister Anna, though Sister Anna's intensity caused Isabella to reconsider. Despite her dedication to the order, Sister Catherina found it hard to give up some of her wants and habits considered undesirable by the order. She was particularly fascinated by a troubadour who had set up camp outside the abbey. She often assisted Sister Debora with maintaining the clock tower.
Following the murder of Sister Elena, she went to the troubadour's camp and started dancing. Abbess Benita, concerned for her safety, ordered the adventurer to bring the novice inside. Sister Catherina was reluctant to come, having developed doubts as to whether the order was the right choice for her. However, before she could make it inside, the Killer slew her for dancing, considering her unworthy of being a member of the abbey.
- Sister Catherina bears a striking resemblance in appearance and mannerisms to Julie Andrews as Sister Maria in The Sound of Music.
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Abbess Benita just said she was praying for an adventurer, and told me to wait outside to meet you when you arrived."
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "She interviewed me when I applied to join the abbey. It was like she could see right into my heart. To be honest, at first, she frightened me. I'm not surprised the other applicant left after she met her."
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I'm quite...well, I know I shouldn't be, but I'm quite proud of it."
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I kind of wish I could go out and dance - I used to like dancing - but I'm in the order now and dancing isn't allowed."
- ^ Sister Elena, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I bet it was Sister Catherina. Novices have to be taught discipline. I've seen her sneaking an extra cup of wine at meal times."
- ^ Sister Debora, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I thought you were Sister Catherina. She's normally the one who comes up here. What can I do for you?"
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I think I might leave the order. I haven't decided yet. With what's happening, it makes me think about how I want to spend my life, and I love Saradomin, and I love the order, but...I don't think I want to spend my whole life not dancing."
- ^ The Killer, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "They were all...dancers! They weren't worthy to be in this abbey. Saint Elspeth commanded me to remove them!"
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|