Sir Vant is a White Knight who can be found in the basement of Roddeck's house in Lumbridge, directly east of the general store. He and his squire are featured in the Unstable Foundations tutorial. Sir Vant has the player aid him in defeating a vicious Dragon after his squire is killed by a blast of the dragon's fire. The player must do many tasks and small things to help out Sir Vant after the death of his squire in order to complete the tutorial.
After the quest, he can be found on the ground floor of Falador Castle.
Sir Vant is a White Knight of Falador, and wears full White armour to show his status, though interestingly also wields a White Two-handed Sword with one hand, holding an Anti-dragon shield with the other. He was called upon by Roddeck, a well-off resident of the Misthalanian township Lumbridge. Roddeck had kept a baby dragon as a pet, but it grew up quickly and soon overpowered him and took over the basement of his house. Roddeck hid in a cupboard and sent an S.O.S to Falador, requesting help.
Sir Vant and his Squire turned up soon, but found it difficult to overcome the Dragon. When an adventurer eventually arrived and intervened, Vant's Squire was killed by a blast of dragonfire which also incinerated the ladder leading down into the cellar. After this, the adventurer, a player, was asked to help with Sir Vant's slaying of the dragon by placing drugged meat in one of its food bowl and ultimately kill it collapsing the ceiling of the cellar.
Sir Vant's first appearance was in the Learning the Ropes tutorial, which was released along with the release of RuneScape HD, but taken from the game shortly after being made. In this tutorial, Sir Vant's appearance was slightly altered; his hair was blonde and he had no beard.
Roddeck had not been released into the game yet, but Sir Vant still fought a Dragon, though this one was green instead of red, three-headed, and aided by a Chaos druid. The player was required to do many tasks for Sir Vant, such as getting him food to restore his health and killing the Chaos Druid that spurred on the Dragon, at the end of the quest the player would receive two 250 experience lamps which grant experience to any skill used while helping Sir Vant (Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Ranged, Magic, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, or Prayer). As well, anyone who had started playing prior to this quest can visit Sir Vant. The player can select the option to say you will help him fight the dragon (the dragon is a level 232), and you will receive the two 250 experience antique lamps.
Players who have created an account before Unstable Foundations was released or after it was removed can still visit the old Sir Vant by going down a ladder in Roddeck's house, as can people who have created accounts after it was removed. Players who created an account after Unstable Foundations was released but before it was removed can't visit the old Sir Vant, and will unfortunately find the following message when they click the ladder in Roddeck's house: The lower end of the ladder has been completely destroyed. You can't climb down it.
- Like all White Knights, his name is a play on words. The name of this particular knight is derived from the word "Servant". This is apt given his position as both a Tutor and as a White Knight - serving the players who meet him and Sir Amik Varze (head of the White Knights).
- Sir Vant is one of four NPCs that wield both a two-handed sword and an off-hand item. The other three are Kamfreena, Damis and Vannaka.
- Sir Vant was one of the first NPCs to have been given a voice.
- If spoken to when an older player has completed the original tutorial island they receive two antique lamps worth 250 XP each for use in Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Ranged, Magic, Mining,
- When entering back into the cellar, it appears that Sir Vant's sword is the old, un-updated version of a Steel 2h.
- Sir Vant's knight armour appears to look more detailed and buffer on him than the armour that can be worn on players.
- Sir Vant's gloves seem to resemble bleached Skeletal gloves. And his platebody seems to resemble Varrock Armour 3.
- Sir Vant mentions about dragon returning into the caves and does not allow you to go there. However, if you look there with Orb of Occulus, you can find you that the caves ends very near, and there is no place to hide for a dragon.
- If you start the Blood Pact Quest and you have finished the original Tutorial Island, Xenia will mention you helping to slay the dragon, even though you never actually did.
- Sir Vant received a hair colour update the same colour as his Learning the Ropes counterpart even though his chathead's hair colour has not been updated.
- When distracting the dragon in Unstable Foundations, he bangs his sword on his shield, a common move done by ancient Roman soldiers. He also spins his sword with his hand while fighting a dragon, the only NPC known to do so other than Sir Tiffy Cashien.
- He seems to be running when he leaves the cellar through the passage the player cleared towards the end of the tutorial.
- His armour has not been changed since the Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty update.