|Release date||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|Location||Ardougne Market Place|
A silk stall is a stall that players can steal silk from at Thieving level 20. Players earn 24 experience for Thieving every time they steal some silk. Players may sell silk to the Silk Merchant for 60 coins after they barter with him, provided they have not recently stolen from the stall. Players risk the possibility of being spotted by a Guard or Knight of Ardougne while thieving. Players may choose to fight them, or find a spot where they are unable to be attacked to resume thieving.
|Item|| Number |
| Price |
| Price |
| GE |
| GE Resell |
- There are two silk stalls in Ardougne, the North-east is the safest, seeing as the owner is not nearby so you have more chances of getting silk. But, many players choose the south-west one because it has fewer guards around. There is also a silk stall in the Al Kharid market in the northern area, but it cannot be thieved.
- If you get spotted and manage to get the guard or knight snagged on something (so he can't attack you) and you resume thieving while he's trying to attack you, your chances of being caught are much lower. It seems to be more effective when a knight is snagged. Sometimes when you get a guard or knight snagged on something, he'll simply walk away.
- Make sure the owner is facing away from you when you steal, otherwise you will always get caught.
- Make sure the guards, heroes, and knights are far away when you steal. If they are close, there is a greater risk of getting caught.
- The BEST way to steal from a silk stall, would be to trap the knight, and the guard next to, and behind the silver trader at ardougne square in the rectangle shaped building behind the stall. Once you do that, stand behind the silk stall that has no owner. Then, you may pursue your cleftomanical activities relatively un-bothered.
Kill the guardsEdit
Choose the north-eastern silk stall. Stand between the stall and the building, as if you were the stall holder. Kill the guard (level 26) that patrols behind the silk stall and the silver stall. Start stealing silk. Watch out for the knights of Ardougne (level 76) and the other guards. Don't mind the Hero in blue or the Paladin. They can be standing right next to you when you're stealing, but don't do anything. Every time the guard behind you reappears you kill him and continue stealing.
Trap the guardsEdit
Another method to use is trap the closest guard and the closest knight in the house north and north east of the north stall then steal from the north stall. To trap the guard and knight, just attack them and go into the house so they follow you into it. Once you both are in the house, walk to the first space outside the door then shut it, and the guard is stuck inside. If you are trying to trap both the knight and guard in the same house, note that the guard may get out while the knight is being trapped, or vice versa, so to make sure they don't, once you are both in the building, shut the doors fast and don't open them until the other guard is away from the door. For higher level players (60+) you may want to attack them and turn auto retaliate off so you don't kill them while trying to trap them because if they die, they respawn outside the building. When someone reaches level 38 Thieving there is a Master farmer outside the North entrance to Ardougne that they can pickpocket.