|Release||20 August 2013 (Update)|
|High alch||3,789 coins|
|Low alch||2,526 coins|
|Exchange||10,459 coins (info)|
|Examine||If you die with this equipped, you will be revived with 25% of your health. Does not work in PvP areas. Signs and portents of life and death share a 1 hour cooldown.|
The sign of life is a pocket-slot item that resurrects the player after death and gives the player 25% of their base life points. When resurrected the chatbox states "Your Sign of life is consumed, returning you to life!" It can be created with 78 Divination using 100 lustrous energy and 1 diamond ring, or 30 memory shards. This yields 16 Divination experience. It has a 1-hour cooldown, shared with the sign of death, the portent of life, the portent of death, and the defense cape perk. It cannot be used in PvP areas, along with the sign of item protection.
When a player dies and is revived by a sign of life, any potion effects, prayers, and/or persistent abilities such as Incite will remain active; however any remaining adrenaline will be drained to 0%. It should be aware that if the sign goes off, the player will have a similar effect to Immortality where they cannot move for some ticks.
On purchasing the Death's support effect from Soul Reaper the amount that is healed by sign of life is doubled, thereby healing the player for upto 50% of their base lifepoints.
If a player is wearing a sign of life while the ability Immortality is active and they die, the ability will be consumed instead of the sign.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Initial resource||Energy needed||Result||Exp.||Profit/loss||Profit/loss|
|1 Diamond ring||100 Lustrous||Sign of life||16||-4,882||7,918|
- ^ Profit/Loss assumes purchasing all required ingredients, including energy, and selling the result.
- ^ Profit/Loss if the energies are gathered by the player instead of bought
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Divine fire spirit||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Divine impling jar||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.0%|
- The Sign of Life is shaped like the symbol of Seren, the goddess of peace and growth.
- Originally, the cooldown of this item counted down during in-game time. Due to many player complaints regarding how players were forced to stay one hour in-game longer than expected just to remove the cooldown, this was changed on 13 November 2017 so that the cooldown would count down even when the player was logged out.