|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||30 coins|
|Low alch||20 coins|
|Store price|| 50 coins|
|Exchange price||28 coins (info)|
|Examine||Short but effective.|
The Shortbow is the weakest shortbow in RuneScape. Players can purchase this bow from most shops that sell Ranged weaponry.
Shortbows may be made through the Fletching skill at level 1. First, a player must cut an unstrung shortbow from logs, granting 5 Fletching experience. Then, the player must string the unstrung shortbow with a bow string, granting 5 experience.
Previously, all new players would obtain a free shortbow after completing the Tutorial, but due to the Tutorial update, players no longer obtain one.
The attack range of the shortbow is 7 spaces.
Shortbows are often used by Skill Pures because if no arrows are equipped a player can not accidentally deal damage to a creature and gain combat xp.
A player wielding a Shortbow
Interval: 3.0 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Crawling corpse torso||14||1||Common|
|Skeleton (Lumbridge Catacombs)||22||1||Uncommon|
This item can also be bought or sold at:
- Lowe's Archery Emporium in central Varrock - (free sample item)
- Dargaud's Bows and Arrows in the Ranging Guild
- The Gnome Shopkeeper's Armoury in Burthorpe
- Gulluck and Sons in the Tree Gnome Stronghold
- Hickton's Archery Emporium in Catherby
- King Lathas's Armoury in the Combat Training Camp