|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Examine||For improving the performance of a maple, magic or elder shieldbow.|
A shieldbow sight is an item bought from the rewards trader in Daemonheim for 10,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It attaches to either a maple shieldbow (with 45 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), a magic shieldbow (with 55 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), or an elder shieldbow (with 65 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), turning them into a maple shieldbow (sighted), magic shieldbow (sighted), or elder shieldbow (sighted) respectively. However, given the number of tokens (10,000) needed to buy the item, one would need to be level 49 Dungeoneering to have the required tokens, assuming that one did not use XP lamps or resource dungeon one-time XP bonuses to raise one's Dungeoneering level.
Adding a shieldbow sight to a shieldbow increases the damage, accuracy and defence of the sighted shieldbow in comparison with the unsighted shieldbow, and the attack range is increased from 8 to 9, the highest attack range possible in the game. The Defence level and Ranged level requirements to wield the sighted shieldbow are also 5 levels higher than those for the unsighted shieldbow for the magic and elder version, but the requirements for the sighted maple shieldbow are 15 levels higher than for the unsighted maple shieldbow.
The shieldbow sight may be detached and reattached as many times as required without cost on any maple, magic or elder shieldbow.
- Prior to 15 April 2010, the shieldbow sight was indicated under RuneScape's manual as having a dungeoneering requirement of 30 to install, yet within the game itself, it is 45.
- When attaching the shieldbow sight examine text says "You carefully attach the sight to your shieldbow", and when removing, it says "You dismantle the bow into its component parts".
- When you die in the Wilderness and lose your shieldbow sight, it will remain on the floor, and if you run back in time, you will be able to recover it.
- This item does not degrade, unlike the Gravite shortbow or the Chaotic crossbow.
|Maple shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||238||732||-||-||-||110||0||0||-||-||-|
|Magic shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||291||983||-||-||-||196||0||0||-||-||-|
|Elder shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||344||1299||-||-||-||259||0||0||-||-||-|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- The shieldbow sight used to cost 45,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- For a while after the release of the Evolution of Combat, the sighted magic shieldbow was members-only. Despite this, free players could still attach the shieldbow sight to a magic shieldbow, resulting in the creation of a Members object. The only way to remove the sight was to log into a members world. This was fixed in a hidden update.
- A yew shieldbow (sighted) doesn't exist, but the maple shieldbow (sighted) seems to take it's place when looking at the level requirements and weapon stats of the sighted shieldbows and their unsighted versions. By following the trend for the magic and elder shieldbows, the maple shieldbow should have level 35 Ranged and level 35 Defence as wielding requirements, and the non-existing yew shieldbow (sighted) should have the level 45 Ranged and level 45 Defence wielding requirements the maple shieldbow (sighted) currently has. It is unknown if this is a mistake.