|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 10,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||For improving the performance of a maple or magic shieldbow.|
A Shieldbow sight is an item bought from the rewards trader in Daemonheim for 10,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It attaches to either a maple shieldbow (with 45 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), a magic shieldbow (with 55 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), or an elder shieldbow (with 65 Ranged and 45 Dungeoneering), turning them into a maple shieldbow (sighted), magic shieldbow (sighted), or elder shieldbow (sighted) respectively. However, given the number of tokens (10,000) needed to buy the item, one would need to be level 49 Dungeoneering to have the required tokens, assuming that one did not use XP lamps or resource dungeon one-time XP bonuses to raise one's Dungeoneering level.
The shieldbow sight may be detached and reattached as many times as required without cost on any maple, magic or elder shieldbow.
- Prior to 15 April 2010, the shieldbow sight was indicated under RuneScape's manual as having a dungeoneering requirement of 30 to install, yet within the game itself, it is 45.
- When attaching the shieldbow sight examine text says "You carefully attach the sight to your shieldbow", and when removing, it says "You dismantle the bow into its component parts".
- When you die in the Wilderness and lose your shieldbow sight, it will remain on the floor, and if you run back in time, you will be able to recover it.
- This item does not degrade, unlike the Gravite shortbow or the Chaotic crossbow.
|Mainhand Info||Off-hand Info||Attributes||Critical bonuses|
|Maple shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||238||732||N/A||-||-||110||675||0||-||-||-|
|Magic shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||291||983||N/A||-||-||196||825||0||-||-||-|
|Elder shieldbow (sighted)||Arrow||344||1299||N/A||-||-||259||975||0||-||-||-|
- The shieldbow sight used to cost 45,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- This item used to be somewhat popular among rangers who only have membership occasionally, as it used to give access to both sighted version of the maple and magic shieldbows, which are the most accurate in F2P and P2P respectively. However, with the Evolution of Combat, both bows were made F2P, leaving the sight a desirable addition to a weapon for free players and lower level rangers.
- For a while after the release of the Evolution of Combat, the sighted magic shieldbow was members-only. Despite this, free players could still attach the shieldbow sight to a magic shieldbow, resulting in the creation of a Members object. The only way to remove the sight was to log into a members world. This was fixed in a hidden update.