- For the article about the weapon classification, see Shieldbow (bow type).
|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||48 coins|
|Low alch||32 coins|
|Store price|| 80 coins|
|Exchange price||22 coins (info)|
|Examine||A nice sturdy bow.|
Members can make a shieldbow through the Fletching skill at level 10. First, a player must cut an unstrung shieldbow from logs, granting 10 Fletching experience. Then, the player must string the unstrung shieldbow with a bow string, granting 10 experience.
Like all shieldbows and unlike most other weapons, it incorporates a shield inseparably despite the fact that nothing resembling a shield is involved in its creation. Therefore, it provides armour and life point bonuses, and counts as a shield for Defence abilities, such as Rejuvenate. The attack range of the Shieldbow is 8 spaces.
A Player wielding a Shieldbow.
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Giant spider||4; 48; 57||1||Uncommon|
This item can also be bought or sold at:
- Lowe's Archery Emporium in central Varrock - (free sample item)
- Dargaud's Bows and Arrows in the Ranging Guild
- The Gnome Shopkeeper's Armoury in Burthorpe
- Gulluck and Sons in the Tree Gnome Stronghold
- Hickton's Archery Emporium in Catherby
- King Lathas's Armoury in the Combat Training Camp
- West Ardougne General Store
- Before the EoC, all shieldbows used to be longbows. They had a higher Range accuracy bonus and attack range than shortbows, but had a slower attack speed.
- The shield on the bow appears to be made out of bronze.