- For the article about the weapon classification, see Shieldbow (bow type).
|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||48 coins|
|Low Alch||32 coins|
|Store price|| 80 coins|
|Exchange price||18 coins (info)|
|Examine||A nice sturdy bow.|
Members can make a shieldbow through the Fletching skill at level 10. First, a player must cut an unstrung shieldbow from logs, granting 10 Fletching experience. Then, the player must string the unstrung shieldbow with a bow string, granting 10 experience.
Like all shieldbows and unlike most other weapons, it incorporates a shield inseparably despite the fact that nothing resembling a shield is involved in its creation. Therefore, it provides armour and life point bonuses, and counts as a shield for Defence abilities, such as Rejuvenate. The attack range of the Shieldbow is 8 spaces.
A player wielding a shieldbow
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Gelatinous Abomination 6 1 Common Giant spider 4, 48, 57 1 Uncommon
This item can also be bought or sold at:
- Lowe's Archery Emporium in central Varrock
- Hickton's Archery Emporium in Catherby
- Gulluck and Sons in the Tree Gnome Stronghold
- King Lathas's Armoury in the Combat Training Camp
- Dargaud's Bows and Arrows in the Ranging Guild
- Corporal Boothe's Armoury in Burthorpe
- West Ardougne General Store
- Before the EoC, all shieldbows used to be longbows. They had a higher Range accuracy bonus and attack range than shortbows, but had a slower attack speed.
- The shield on the bow appears to be made out of bronze.
|Lumbridge General Store|
|Bob's Brilliant Axes|
|Lumbridge Fishing Supplies|
|Varrock Sword Shop|
|Aubury's Rune Shop|
|Lowe's Archery Emporium|