|Release date||2 May 2017 (Update)|
|Reward currency||Shattered anima|
|In spotlight rotation||No|
|Music unlocked||Alpha Omega, Shattered Worlds I, Shattered Worlds II, Shattered Worlds III, Shattered Worlds IV, Shattered Worlds V, Shattered Worlds VI, Shattered Worlds VII|
|Developers||The Eternals Team|
Shattered Worlds is a combat-oriented members-only minigame in which various monsters from worlds corrupted by the Abyss are fought in waves, with side objectives to complete. It's a solo minigame with safe death, with a recommendation of at least level 40 combat to participate. It is hosted by the Abyssal Knights in the south-west of the Lumbridge Swamp, who aim to protect Gielinor from potential invasions from the Abyss.
Upon visiting the minigame for the first time, speak to Kenton Decarte for a brief explanation about it as well as the purpose of the Abyssal Knights. A bank may be found next to him as well.
The Shattered Worlds are entered alone, in aid of the Abyssal Knights. The entrance to Shattered Worlds is found in Lumbridge Swamp, next to the Water Altar. Upon entering the minigame the match can be set up by selecting the desired gear and food from presets in the match set up interface. Anyone may use the "equip me" and "feed me" options to be given appropriate equipment and food, or one may bring their own equipment and consumables. A choice is also given from three positive buffs with which to start the minigame:
- Vampyric - heals one slightly in proportion to the damage dealt to enemies.
- Blood money - enemies bleed anima currency when damaged.
- Feeling pumped - gives a small chance to gain unlimited adrenaline for ten seconds.
The blue portal may then be entered to begin the minigame. Gameplay involves travelling through worlds: at least 75% of the enemies in a world must be defeated before one can move to the next. The monsters have no weakness to any particular combat style and their combat levels increase as one progresses through worlds. Difficulty also increases as one fights in higher numbers of worlds by having increasing numbers of mutators applied, some of which may be dangerous. The monsters use a variety of combat styles, though each will only use one, and are abyssal versions of monsters found on RuneScape itself.
Progress is checkpointed every five worlds. Once a checkpoint is reached, one may leave the minigame with the progress being saved: the next time Shattered Worlds is played, the option to either continue from the checkpoint or claim the rewards from a previous encounter will be presented. Checkpoints will also have bank chests to allow restocking, and will heal one's health, but prayer points are not restored, nor is poison cured. The maximum possible number of worlds is 4,000[source needed]; the developers expected, however, that around 150 worlds would be a difficult number for players to reach. After reaching 200 worlds, no extra rewards for completing additional worlds will be received.
There are weekly bronze, silver, and gold challenges which will be the same for everyone. The bronze ones are usually fairly easy to complete, whereas the gold challenges are substantially more difficult. They are accessed through the red portal. Some challenges however, involve achievements accomplished through normal gameplay (e.g. "clear five worlds above world 20" or "kill 50 demons") - these cannot be started using the red portal, but are tracked and completed during regular Shattered Worlds games.
If one manages to complete a world fast enough, the next world will be skipped automatically (announced in the chatbox) upon entering the red portal.
When opting for the option "feed me" the player will receive food appropriate for their level.
- Cooked chicken for players with a Constitution level lower than 10
- Glazed chicken for players with a Constitution level between 10 and 19
- Garlic chicken for players with a Constitution level between 20 and 29
- Lemon and herb chicken for players with a Constitution level between 30 and 39
- Sticky barbecue chicken for players with a Constitution level between 40 and 49
- Karamja spiced chicken for players with a Constitution level between 50 and 59
- Puro puro chicken for players with a Constitution level of 60 or higher
When opting for the option "equip me" the player will receive equipment appropriate for their level. Players can also choose the combat style.
Players with a level between 1 and 9 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 1) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 1) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 1) (Defence)
- Bronze abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal bronze crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal wizard's wand and book (Magic)
Players with a level between 10 and 19 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 10) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 10) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 10) (Defence)
- Iron abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal iron crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal imp horn wand and book (Magic)
Players with a level between 20 and 29 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 20) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 20) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 20) (Defence)
- Steel abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal steel crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal spider wand and orb (Magic)
Players with a level between 30 and 39 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 30) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 30) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 30) (Defence)
- Mithril abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal mithril crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal bat wand and spellbook (Magic)
Players with a level between 40 and 49 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 40) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 40) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 40) (Defence)
- Adamant abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal adamant crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal splitbark wand and orb (Magic)
Players with a level between 50 and 59 in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 50) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 50) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 50) (Defence)
- Rune abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal rune crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal mystic wand and orb (Magic)
Players with level 60 or higher in the noted skill will receive the following:
- Abyssal helm (tier 60) (Defence)
- Abyssal body (tier 60) (Defence)
- Abyssal greaves (tier 60) (Defence)
- Dragon abyssal sword and its off-hand (Attack)
- Abyssal dragon crossbow and its off-hand (Ranged)
- Abyssal grifolic wand and orb (Magic)
Players may encounter a chest which can be activated. When activated a timer will start and monsters will spawn and the player can attempt to kill as many of the creatures as possible. When the timer is full, the player is awarded shattered anima based on how many creatures are killed.
Players may encounter a fountain surrounded by eight ghosts. If the fountain is activated a timer will start during which the player can attempt to kill as many of the ghosts as possible. When the timer is full, the player is awarded shattered anima based on how many are killed.
Ghosts count towards the goal of killing 75% of the monsters on the shattered world.
Sometimes a goebie will be found, which when killed gives a chunk of shattered anima.
Players can encounter a shield which can be destroyed. After destruction, an ancient relic is found. This can be sacrificed on one of the three altars in the same map. The three altars are: The Altar of Boosted Anima, the Altar of Restoration, The Altar of Instant Anima.
|Blood Money||Positive||Enemies bleed anima currency when you damage them.|
|Catastrophe||Negative||Evil Bob is hunting you down to feast on your summoning points, your prayer points and then your run energy! Leg it!|
|Charged||Positive||Collect electric orbs to deal AoE damage to enemies. Damage dealt is increased with more charges.|
|Combustion||Negative||Some enemies will spawn patches of fire around them. Don't get burned!|
|Die Together||Negative||Some enemies are now linked by the power of friendship. They must both be below 10% hp before they can die.|
|Electric||Positive||Attacking an enemy has a chance to trigger an electric surge, dealing damage and jumping to nearby enemies.|
|Explosive||Neutral||Enemies explode on death, dealing damage to everything around them.|
|Feeling pumped||Positive||You have a small chance on hit to feel EPIC, gaining unlimited adrenaline for the next 10 seconds.|
|Freezing||Negative||Some enemies will spawn freezing balls around them, get caught and you'll get frozen!|
|Honourable||Neutral||You deal more damage to adjacent enemies and take more damage from enemies at range.|
|Hungry||Negative||Food heals for half the normal amount.|
|Hydra||Negative||Killing some enemies will cause them to erupt into smaller versions of themselves!|
|Laser Lodestones||Neutral||Unstable crystal shards appear around the world. Touch them to create barriers between them that will harm you and the enemy.|
|Leeching||Negative||Your opponents will heal a small amount of life each time they damage you.|
|Power Grows||Positive||Killing an enemy has a chance to buff some of your stats!|
|Protect||Negative||Some enemies are now protecting others, the protected enemies cannot be harmed until their protector has died.|
|Rockfall||Negative||Some enemies will spawn rockfalls around them, don't get crushed!|
|Static||Negative||The longer you stand still, the more damage you'll take! Simples![m 1]|
|Unstable Rifts||Neutral||Rifts appear around the world which will teleport you to other rifts.|
|Vampyric||Positive||You will heal a small amount of life each time you damage an enemy.|
|Volcanic||Negative||Some enemies will spawn volcanic eruptions around them.|
|Zombie Apocalypse||Negative||Defeating an enemy can summon a terrifying undead brood.|
|Zone of Restoration||Positive||Conjures zones of restoration. They will restore your summoning points, then your prayer points, and then your life points.|
|Zone of Suffering||Negative||Conjures zones of suffering. They will deplete your summoning points, then your prayer points and then your life points.|
- ^ Caps at 20 stacks (+200% damage taken)
- Enemies currently affected by one negative mutator capable of spawning environmental effects which can harm you will be presented with this skull symbol over their head:
- Enemies currently affected by two or more negative mutators capable of spawning environmental effects which can harm you will be presented with this skull symbol over their head:
Each week there'll be three challenges to complete. These can be attempted by entering the red challenger portal. Completing these weekly challenges rewards you with bonus shattered anima.
Challenges reset at 00:00 UTC every Wednesday.
|Current Weekly Challenges|
|Bronze||Novice Adventurer||Clear 2 worlds over world 10.||10,000 shattered anima|
|Silver||Zones||Clear 3 worlds with the Zone Mutators.||500,000 shattered anima|
|Gold||Stardust Crusade||CStand against the undead and defeat 50 of them using Stardust Crusade Mutators.||1,000,000 shattered anima|
Bonus shattered animaEdit
Bonus shattered anima is awarded upon reaching a new highest world. The amount of anima that is awarded increases with each new world that is reached for the first time. Even if the player manages to skip a world, the bonus anima is still awarded. The amount of bonus anima rewarded for each world and the cumulative bonus anima are given by the following formula (W = highest world reached):
|World||Bonus anima||World||Bonus anima||World||Bonus anima||World||Bonus anima||World||Bonus anima|
The cumulative bonus for completing the first 200 worlds is 264,670,000 shattered anima. Players who push to world 200 without farming anima in lower worlds can expect 330-340 million anima by world 200.
The reward currency for completing Shattered Worlds is shattered anima. Shattered anima is dropped when monsters are defeated and is automatically collected in the player's inventory. It is also awarded from reaching new highest worlds as seen above.
The following rewards can be obtained:
- Abyssal Knight armour cosmetic override - 27,000,000 shattered anima.
- Abyssal slayer contract - 500,000 shattered anima.
- Huge Slayer XP lamp - 4,000,000 shattered anima
- Abyssal hound - a rare drop from the reward chest. The chance of getting it as a reward increases on higher worlds.
|Sigil of slaying||45,000,000||Using this will increase slayer experience gain by 10% for 30 seconds.|
|Ferocious sigil||45,000,000||Using this causes mobs in Kuradal's dungeon to instantly respawn for 30 seconds.|
|Aggression sigil||45,000,000||Using this causes everything around you to immediately begin attacking you.|
|Bladed Dive||63,000,000||Leap towards your specified location, spinning your blades around you as you land, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.|
|Salt the Wound||63,000,000||Deals weapon damage for every puncture stack on the enemy, and resets puncture's duration.|
|Mutated Dazing Shot||The Mutated version of Dazing Shot retains all of the original's effects, and further applies Puncture to the target. Automatically upgraded when Salt the Wound is purchased.|
|Mask of Broken Fingers||9,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Crawling hands.|
|Mask of Mourning||13,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Banshees.|
|Mask of the Troll||13,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Trolls.|
|Mask of Stone||15,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Cockatrices.|
|Mask of Crimson||18,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Bloodvelds.|
|Mask of Gelatin||18,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Jellies.|
|Mask of Reflection||18,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Basilisks.|
|Mask of the Aquanites||45,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Aquanites.|
|Mask of Dust||45,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Dust devils.|
|Mask of the Green Wyrm||45,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Jungle strykewyrms.|
|Mask of the Kura||45,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Kurasks.|
|Mask of the Yellow Wyrm||45,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Desert strykewyrms.|
|Mask of the Black Demon||63,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Black demons.|
|Mask of the Dagannoth||63,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Dagannoth.|
|Mask of Stench||63,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Aberrant spectres.|
|Mask of the Automatons||72,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Automatons.|
|Mask of Granite||72,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Gargoyles.|
|Mask of Vines||72,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Jadinkos.|
|Mask of the White Wyrm||81,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Ice strykewyrms.|
|Mask of the Abyss||135,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Abyssal demons.|
|Mask of the Airut||135,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Airut.|
|Mask of the Ganodermic||135,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Ganodermic creatures.|
|Mask of Gloom||135,000,000||Provides benefits when killing Dark beasts.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 1||900,000||900,000||Unlocks the aniwisp pet, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered Worlds.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 2||1,800,000||2,700,000||Unlocks the animist pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 1 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 3||4,000,000||6,700,000||Unlocks the animagu pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 2 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 4||6,000,000||12,700,000||Unlocks the animawhal pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 3 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 5||11,000,000||23,700,000||Unlocks the animaroo pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 4 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 6||18,000,000||41,700,000||Unlocks the animaptor pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 5 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 7||29,000,000||70,700,000||Unlocks the animasaur pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 6 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 8||47,000,000||117,700,000||Unlocks the animasaurus pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 7 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
|Anima Pet - Tier 9||58,000,000||175,700,000||Unlocks the animasaurus rex pet appearance, representing the anima you have collected from Shattered worlds. You must have unlocked the Tier 8 pet to purchase this appearance upgrade.|
- Alpha Omega
- Shattered Worlds I
- Shattered Worlds II
- Shattered Worlds III
- Shattered Worlds IV
- Shattered Worlds V
- Shattered Worlds VI
- Shattered Worlds VII
- The examine texts of the red portal and blue portals within the Shattered Worlds reference the red and blue pill from The Matrix.
- The description for the Feeling Pumped buff references the "feel EPIC" line from the Money Supermarket adverts.
- The description for the Static debuff references the "Simples!" line of the Compare the Market ad campaign.
- It was originally planned for release in August 2016, however its release was pushed back to 2 May 2017.[source needed]
- Stardust Crusade may be a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.
- Upon the minigame's release, players that died while fighting certain bosses in RuneScape such as Telos, the Warden and Araxxi would be teleported to Shattered Worlds' checkpoint world instead of their respawn point, keeping all their items but losing any streaks they may have had. This has since been fixed.
- It was possible to enter a portal to the checkpoint world while taking damage, which would result in the damage being taken once in the world. If this happened, it resulted in an unsafe death. This has since been fixed.
- ^ Shattered Worlds - A Preview with Mod Shauny & the Eternals!. 28 April 2017. "So basically this pet is super rare from reward chest, you have a better chance on a higher worlds"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Chaose's Twitter account. 17 May 2017.