|Release||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|Quest item||Ritual of the Mahjarrat|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|Examine||A tiny part of what was once an orb.|
Shards of Armadyl can be obtained by killing Glacors. The shards can be used in two ways:
- An orb of armadyl can be made using 100 of the shards. Using this orb on a Battlestaff gives an armadyl battlestaff.
- Each individual shard can be ground down with the use of a pestle and mortar to receive eight Dust of Armadyl, awarding the player with 1 Herblore experience. This dust can be used with the air altar to create armadyl runes, which are the only type of rune needed to cast the spell Storm of Armadyl.
Grinding the shards into Dust of Armadyl yields 36,928 coins per shard.
The value per shard if making runes depends on how many runes the player is able to craft per Dust of Armadyl based on their Runecrafting level. The minimum level to craft these is 72, so the minimum runes possible per dust is 7, and the maximum possible is 10 per dust at 99 Runecrafting. This comes out to 80 per shard at 99 Runecrafting. The Grand Exchange market values per shard if made into runes are as follows:
All prices are based on the current Grand Exchange market prices of the items. The Grand Exchange market price for an armadyl rune is currently 560 coins, and the price of the armadyl battlestaff is 12,720,203 coins.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Unlike most other stackable items, armadyl shards always appear to have 5 pieces in the icon, regardless of the actual quantity.
- Currently, the Pestle and mortar on a player's tool belt does not work when grinding shards of Armadyl. This is likely an oversight.