|Release date||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||42 coins|
|Low Alch||28 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||I feel closer to the gods when I am wearing this. (Top) If a shade had knees, this would keep them nice and warm. (Bottom)|
Shade robes are a fairly rare drop from Shades, and used to be dropped from random event Shades, consisting of Shade robe (top) and Shade robe (bottom). There is no limit to how many pieces you can get from drops.
The robes provide Prayer bonuses just under that of Monk's robes. They are not often worn due to their relatively insignificant stat bonuses (though their appearance is similar to Priest gowns, just darker, so other players might not be able to tell). They can, however, be valuable to certain players: some collect a set because they can be stored in the Fancy dress box of a Player-owned house, while others place aesthetic value on them for their black colour or as a rarer alternative to wearing a priest gown. Since the Shades have been moved to the Stronghold of Security, players may consider this a reward from the Stronghold (similar to the Skull sceptre).
A player wearing a shade robe top and bottom
|[view] • [talk]|
- Despite how these appear on Shades, these robes are completely opaque when worn by players and are not translucent like Ghostly robes.
- A complete set of shade robes used to be quite difficult to obtain, since the shade random event did not occur often and a robe drop was somewhat rare. They are much easier to obtain now, since the shades in the Stronghold of Security are always available to attack. The drop rate seems to be on the order of 1 in 15 to 1 in 20 kills.
- When trying to obtain a set of Shade Robes, bringing some of your best equipment and sufficient food is recommended. Shades may inflict lots of damage in a short period of time to a poorly-equipped player.
- After the 20 November 2007 update, these robes are no longer tradeable.
- After the release of RuneScape HD, the interior of the bottom of these robes (as well as those of many other similar robes) became green. While this was originally claimed to be a graphical glitch, it remains unchanged.
- Druid robes and shade's robes have identical examination texts for the top of the set and similar examination texts for the bottom of the set.
- Back when shade robes were an uncommon drop from random event shades, and before the trade limits were imposed, some players used to claim that the robes were 'rare' items and attempted to sell them at high prices.
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus