|Release||25 June 2018 (Update)|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|600 / 400 / 200|
6 ticks (3.6s)
Seiryu (pronounced Sayr-you) also refered to as the Azure Serpent, Guardian Beast of the Eastern Lands and the Spirit of Purest Water is a legendary serpent worshipped by the Acolytes of Seiryu. It is one of the four guardians of the Wushanko Isles and is considered the purest one by the monks, being a spirit of water. Shards of his power, in the form of spirit dragon charms, are dropped by Slayer monsters on Aminishi and can be used to access the Spirit Realm through The Well of Spirits.
Seiryu is featured in the Temple of Aminishi elite dungeon as the final encounter.
Hundreds of years ago, Seiryu was chained and slowly corrupted by black crystals infused with the power of Xau-Tak. Seiryu would later be freed by several adventurers exploring the temple. He telepathically communicated with them and expressed his gratitude for freeing him from the crystals, stating that he sensed another being in the same torment that he had suffered underneath Forinthry, which is now known today as the Wilderness.
Seiryu attacks with magic by aiming a stream of purple fire towards the centre of the arena that splits into more streams that hit all players in the chamber. As opposed to the other 2 bosses in the dungeon, Seiryu's attacks seem to be random. Occasionally, he may take a deep breath (indicated by a popup message box) before sweeping a massive wave of fire across the entire arena that deals up to 8000 magic damage to each player, which can be healed off with Resonance or blocked with Devotion; this attack can miss. Players can also avoid the attack by running to the sides of his head. Vulnerability and Enfeeble will increase the damage taken by the boss and reduce the damage he inflicts by 10% respectively and should be taken to speed up the fight.
Throughout the fight, he also lowers his tail into the shadow, causing up to two shadows to appear under the players, one at a time. Move out of the way, as they can deal up to 2,500 damage per tick. He may also channel his energy into a specific spot, which will cause shadow arms to target players in a line much like Solak's root attacks, so players should move out of the way, the player can also stand on the target preventing his hands from spawning entirely (hands still fly out towards the players not standing in the target area and may hit you while running back to the boss, therefore it is better to decide if everyone is going to the target or not). As his health lowers, he will start covering one half of the platform with shadow arms which root the player and can deal up to 4,500 damage per tick, so players should run to the other side to avoid the attacks while taking note of shadow pools.
Continue damaging Seiryu until he loses 300,000 health, after which he collapses and becomes invulnerable. Players must destroy the black crystals on his collar; each one has health varying from 150,000 to 250,000 depending on group size. Jump onto his collar and attack the crystals; for groups, one/two players should jump on each side while the other stays behind to deal with the shadow enigmas. Should the enigmas touch Seiryu, they will heal any damaged crystal for 32,768 health each. Soul Split does not heal players from damage dealt to the crystals.
Players have roughly a minute before Seiryu tosses the players back onto the platform. This will also stun them momentarily, and players should immediately use Freedom.
Once all three crystals are destroyed, Seiryu is freed and the fight ends.
- YOU ARRIVE EXACTLY AS FORSEEN.
- INCAPABLE OF AFFECTING ANYTHING.
- A CATACLYSMIC INFECTION HAS ALREADY BEGUN.
- YOU WILL SUCCUMB TOO.
- YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER PUPPET.
- THE UNYIELDING DARKNESS IS INEVITABLE.
- YOUR ACTIONS WILL PURGE THE LIGHT.
- ALL OF YOUR CHOICES LEAD YOU DOWN THE SAME PATH.
- Am I...still...here?
- Who are...you?
- What is...this?
- THE BLACK CRYSTALS GIVE ME A REASON TO BE!
- LEAVE THIS TEMPLE. THE OUTCOME WILL NOT CHANGE.
- NO! I SERVE A PURPOSE GREATER THAN MY OWN BEING.
- I WILL PURIFY IT ALL.
- DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN SAVE ME!?
- ALL HISTORY. ALL THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.
- IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED.
- IT IS THE STONE THROWN INTO THE WATER. THE RIPPLES ARE INEVITABLE.
- THIS WORLD WILL SUCCUMB TOO.
- The pools of anguish overflow...
- Solemn... Silent...
- All my fears converged inside one sempiternal moment.
- You were beautiful lights on the horizon...
- Blotted out by a dark storm.
- Thank you.
- I felt...another...sharing my torment.
- The exact same veiled confusion.
- Under the obliterated crust of Forinthry...
- Would you help them too...?
- Be wary. Do not wander to your death.
Using a feather on Seiryu after he is freedEdit
Two drops are rolled; the 100% drop and a common mob drop. For clarity, the 100% drop table is separated from the common drop table.
Seiryu drops onyx dust, unless ancient scales are dropped, which replaces the dust.
|Relic of aminishi (common)||1||Common||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (uncommon)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Weapon poison++ (1)||1||Uncommon||7,773|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||776|
|Menaphite gift offering (small)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Suspicious gunpowder||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (rare)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Onyx dust||1–5||Very rare||25,862–129,310|
|Seasinger weapon upgrade kit||1||Very rare||710,003|
|Tetsu sword upgrade kit||1||Very rare||713,089|
|Steadfast scale||1||Very rare||11,933,772|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Sirenic scale||1||Very rare||313,374|
|Draconic visage||1||Very rare||1,275,627|
|Seiryu's claw||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Chipped black stone crystal||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account.
- ^ 4-8 guaranteed when defeating the boss in a solo encounter. There are 2 rolls; a first roll which determines a set amount of scales, while the second roll modifies it by a small amount. The quantity and rarity of the scales greatly decrease in group encounters.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/300 (solo encounters) or 1/1,500 (group encounters), with a threshold of 60 for solo encounters and 300 for group encounters.
Rare drop tableEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||134,775–164,725|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||17,536|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||19,623|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||533,475–652,025|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||566,430–944,050|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,951|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,073,655–1,312,245|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||501,215–632,302|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||153,595–193,766|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||53,925–75,495|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||27,810–33,990|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||235,350–287,650|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||13,328–16,072|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||304,380–372,020|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||14,940–18,260|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||258,660–316,140|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||37,912–43,328|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||365,580–446,820|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||1,070,910–1,308,890|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,661|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||624,915–763,785|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||344,250–420,750|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||138,150–168,850|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||151,470–185,130|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||146,160–178,640|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||8,946–10,224|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||952,130|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||8,415–10,285|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||205,200–250,800|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,016–13,284|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||109,350–133,650|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||32,850–40,150|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||377,190–461,010|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||356,731|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,967,717,757|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Bless You, Seiryu ( 5) - Make Seiryu sneeze.
- Arc Reactor ( 30) - Beat Seiryu without anyone taking damage from the shadow tendrils.
- Malignant Enigmas ( 30) - Kill 18 shadow enigmas in 10 seconds.
- Seiryu is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations.
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent's concept art was done by Mod DBarker, modeling by Mod JT and animations by Mod Wing
- Seiryu was first mentioned in joint voyage of The Exile and The Whaler: "The Exile and the Whaler have heard rumours that a vein of azure on Bladewing Crag is actually the legendary dragon, Seiryu. Getting there will be tricky, but they wish to try."
- Seiryu shares many traits with Yakamaru; they are both blue serpents with power over the element of water and have both been corrupted by powerful dark magic, they have the same combat level and they both are the final bosses of their respective piece of content.
- The day after release, the life points of the black crystals were each reduced to 150,000 and 200,000 for solo and duo modes, respectively, after complaints of the length of the fight for teams of under 3 people. The same update made it so that players who fought Seiryu alone would be guaranteed 4-8 ancient scales as a drop.