|Release date||24 July 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item||Lunar Diplomacy|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Brundt the Chieftain will probably have another lying around somewhere anyway...|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A seal of passage issued by Brundt the Chieftain of the Fremennik.|
A Seal of passage is a neckwear slot item that used to be required to talk to or trade with anyone on Lunar Isle, except for Pauline Polaris, until completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest. The player does not need to have it equipped; having it in their inventory allows the player to talk to the NPCs. It is obtained whilst doing the Lunar Diplomacy quest by talking to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall in Rellekka. Without it, a player would be kicked off Lunar Isle and sent back to Rellekka whenever they spoke to anyone.
Brundt the Chieftain will replace seals of passage for free if a player loses or destroys it. Brundt will not, however, give players a second one if they already have one in their possession - be it in the bank, on their person, or in their inventory. If a player should ask about obtaining another seal while already having one, he only compliments your expeditions on Lunar Isle, and the conversation ends shortly after.
Because Brundt replaces players' Seals of passage, it is advisable for players who have not completed Lunar Diplomacy to destroy their seal of passage after completing their visit to Lunar Isle. The reason being is that most players forget their previously banked seal, and don't have access to a nearby bank for retrieval. Contrarily, if a player has destroyed their seal, Brundt will happily give them another, as he possesses an infinite amount of them.
The Seal became obsolete for most players on 13 March 2012 with the release of the Lodestone Network and its free unlimited teleport to Lunar Island, although the seal's destination is slightly preferable for most purposes.
A player wearing a seal of passage.
|[view] • [talk]|
- At 4.5 kg, it is the heaviest item that can be worn in the neckwear slot.
- Prior to 7 February 2012 the seal of passage was required to be worn by all players even who had already completed Lunar Diplomacy
- The Seal of Passage is no longer required when visiting Lunar Isle after Lunar Diplomacy. As such, the Elite Fremennik task set has some new rewards:
- Up to 28 Suqah teeth or Suqah hides can now be traded in daily with Rimae Siralis for 9 noted pure essence each.
- The NPC Contact spell now allows players to switch from the Lunar spellbook to the ordinary spellbook.