|Release||31 October 2003 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Examine||It's a Scythe.|
When they were dropped, only one could be obtained. If a player attempted to pick up another scythe, their message box would show the message: "You already have a scythe, you don't need another one."
The scythe is more or less a novelty item like all other holiday items, although it can be used as a weapon. The scythe is a great reminder of the days of RuneScape Classic, and it is very rare to see someone still in possession of a scythe.
In RuneScape Classic, it was also possible to take them to Entrana, this made the Lost City quest noticeably easier; however, this is no longer possible. Also, in RuneScape Classic, there is an occasional animation of the scythe "drawing blood" from the opponent, showing a small splashed red dot in addition to the regular damage message. This animation has no effects on the actual damage, however.
The Holiday Event in which scythes were dropped was the result of a poll ran shortly before the event. The poll asked players whether they would rather have no Holiday drop for Hallowe'en and have a pancake day in two months, or delay RuneScape 2 a day or two as a result of the production of a Hallowe'en drop. As it can be seen, more people ultimately supported the inclusion of a holiday drop.
It also led to the discovery of the partyhat duplication glitch.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- It was possible to get more than one scythe when RS2 Beta was released. By transferring the scythe to RS2, then recovering it, players were able to generate more than one scythe.
- Before the graphics update, players wielded Scythes with one hand, even though it was a 2 handed weapon.
- Before the update on 21 December 2010, the Scythe had a glitch where it wouldn't finish its animation and would reset at the end of the loop.
- The Grim Reaper wields a Scythe, although of a different design.
- A wheat farmer on Miscellania also appears to be wielding a scythe. The animation he performs is similar to the Scythe's accurate attack function, or reap, from before the Evolution of Combat.
- Scythes were tradeable in DarkScape.