|Release date||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||810,364 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ranged attacks have a small chance to cause a bleed or poison effect on successful hits. Lasts 3 hours.|
The Scrimshaw of cruelty is available from the Player-owned ports update. This item requires 92 Fletching and 10 ancient bones to make, as well as unlocking the workshop where it's made. It also gives 4000 Fletching experience, as well as whatever bonus is applied by the player's workshop. When equipped, this scrimshaw gives each ranged hit extra damage. It lasts for three hours, after which it crumbles into dust.
Due to an update, Scrimshaw of cruelty no longer has a chance to cause poison or bleed damage with each successful ranged hit. Instead it simply applies extra damage to each successful ranged hit.
Equipment Bonuses Edit
|[view] • [talk]|
- On 20 January 2013, players discovered a bug with the scrimshaw where the poison effect would persist even after death in certain minigames. Mass casualties ensued, as some unfortunate players were trapped in death loops until a fix could be deployed.
- Another bug with the scrimshaw was fixed on 9 April 2013, in which a player poisoned by it would be permanently poisoned until they cure themselves or die.
- The Queen Black Dragon does not get damaged by the 'poison splats' at all if this item is equipped while fighting her. This is not a bug, as she is immune to the effects of poison (this also applies to any monster with poison immunity). However, it can still cause bleeding.
- Scrimshaw of crueltys poison and bleed effect was removed in an update, and replaced with increased damage on each ranged hit.
- Despite the bleed and poison being removed, it still says otherwise in the examine text.
|Tools||Knife • Sacred clay fletching knife • Volatile clay fletching knife|
|Strings||Bowstring • Sinew|
|Logs||Logs • Oak logs • Willow logs • Maple logs • Achey logs • Yew logs • Magic logs • Elder logs|
|Unstrung shortbows||Shortbow (u) • Oak shortbow (u) • Willow shortbow (u) • Maple shortbow (u) • Yew shortbow (u) • Magic shortbow (u) • Elder shortbow (u)|
|Unstrung shieldbows||shieldbow (u) • Oak shieldbow (u) • Willow shieldbow (u) • Maple shieldbow (u) • Yew shieldbow (u) • Magic shieldbow (u) • Elder shieldbow (u)|
|Arrows||Arrow shaft • Feathers • Headless arrow • Bronze • Iron • Steel • Mithril • Broad • Adamant • Rune • Dragon • Dark|
|Ogre bows||Ogre arrow shaft • Flighted ogre arrow • Wolfbone arrowheads • Unstrung comp bow|
|Crossbow stock||Wooden • Oak • Willow • Teak • Maple • Mahogany • Yew • Magic|
|Crossbow limbs||Bronze • Blurite • Iron • Steel • Mithril • Adamantite • Runite • Dragon|
|Unstrung crossbows||Bronze • Blurite • Iron • Steel • Mithril • Adamant • Runite • Dragon|
|Bolts||Bronze bolts (unf) • Blurite bolts (unf) • Silver bolts (unf) • Iron bolts (unf) • Steel bolts (unf) • Mithril bolts (unf) • Adamant bolts (unf) • Runite bolts (unf) • Abyssalbane bolts (unf) • Basiliskbane bolts (unf) • Dragonbane bolts (unf) • Wallasalkibane bolts (unf)|
|Gem bolt tips||Opal • Jade • Pearl • Red topaz • Sapphire • Emerald • Ruby • Diamond • Dragonstone • Onyx|
|Darts||Bronze • Iron • Steel • Mithril • Adamant • Rune • Dragon|
|Scrimshaws||Log-splitting scrimshaw (superior) • Rock-crushing scrimshaw (superior) • Tree-shaking scrimshaw (superior) • Gem-finding scrimshaw (superior) • Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior) • Scrimshaw of cruelty (superior) • Scrimshaw of the elements (superior) • Scrimshaw of magic (superior) • Scrimshaw of strength (superior) • Scrimshaw of ranging (superior)|
|Others||Blisterwood stake (off-hand) • Blisterwood polearm • Blisterwood staff • Bakriminel bolt shafts • Bakriminel bolt tips|