|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|XP per kill||68 (and 22.4 experience)|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria|
|Examine text||An extremely vicious scorpion.|
Scorpions are monsters that can be found at the Al Kharid Mine, north of Al Kharid, as well as Musa Point, the Dwarven Mine, and the Wilderness all as level 39. They are aggressive toward players until Combat level 29 and are therefore a nuisance and a danger to low-level players training Mining. You should be ready to run if your combat level is under ten, because the attacks are very accurate, even through full plate armour. The deadliest scorpions free players will face are the scorpions in the Stronghold of Security (level 37 and 59). They are also found caged in Ardougne and are good training for low level mages and rangers. Level 37 scorpions also look slightly different in colour than the other scorpions.
It should also be noted that level 37 and 59 scorpions in the Stronghold of Security are aggressive to all levels. At the Al Kharid Mine, the level 14 scorpions will attack players which are under level 29.
Scorpions in the Al-Kharid Mines are popular with level 30's to level 70's for training.
- Al-Kharid Mine (level 14)
- Dwarven mines (level 14)
- Ardougne Zoo (level 14)
- Scorpion Pit (level 40)
- Level 3 of the Stronghold of Security (level 37 and 59)
- Varrock Sewers (level 14)
- Wilderness (level 40)
- Near Karamja Volcano (level 14)
Charms (members only)
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 5,847 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Other (members only)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- In Postbag from the Hedge 40, Nurmof says that the reason scorpions are at nearly every mining spot in Runescape is that they enjoy eating Scorpionite, much like how Dragons enjoy eating runite.
- In the early days of RuneScape 2, scorpions had the same sound set as rats.