|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|An extremely vicious scorpion.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1 / 1 / 0|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
Scorpions are monsters that can be found at the Al Kharid Mine, north of Al Kharid, as well as Musa Point, the Dwarven Mine, and the Wilderness all as level 39. They attack primarily with ranged. The deadliest scorpions free players will face are the scorpions in the Stronghold of Security (level 25 and 26). They are also found caged in the Ardougne Zoo and are good training for low level mages and rangers, though care should be taken as they can range players right back. Level 25 scorpions also look slightly different in colour than the other scorpions.
Scorpions in the Al-Kharid Mines are popular with level 30s to level 70s for training.
While regular scorpions no longer harass miners low in combat level, King Scorpions do.
- Al-Kharid Mine (level 14)
- Dwarven mines (level 14)
- Ardougne Zoo (level 14)
- Scorpion Pit (level 14)
- Level 3 of the Stronghold of Security (level 25 and 26)
- Varrock Sewers (level 14)
- Wilderness (level 14)
- Near Karamja Volcano (level 14)
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 6,004 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- In Postbag from the Hedge 40, Nurmof says that the reason scorpions are at nearly every mining spot in RuneScape is that they enjoy eating Scorpionite, much like how Dragons enjoy eating runite.
- In the early days of RuneScape 2, scorpions had the same sound set as rats.
- It is one of the only non-quest monsters that do not drop any items on free-to-play servers.