Scorpions are monsters that can be found at the Al Kharid Mine, north of Al Kharid, as well as Musa Point, the Dwarven Mine, and the Wilderness all as level 39. They attack primarily with ranged. The deadliest scorpions free players will face are the scorpions in the Stronghold of Security (level 25 and 26). They are also found caged in the Ardougne Zoo and are good training for low level mages and rangers, though care should be taken as they can range players right back. Level 25 scorpions also look slightly different in colour than the other scorpions.
Scorpions in the Al-Kharid Mines are popular with level 30s to level 70s for training.
While regular scorpions no longer harass miners low in combat level, King Scorpions do.
Charms (members only)Edit
Charm drop numbers
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 5,897 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Please add to the log.
(Only if 50 or more creatures are killed)
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
||GE market price
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- In Postbag from the Hedge 40, Nurmof says that the reason scorpions are at nearly every mining spot in RuneScape is that they enjoy eating Scorpionite, much like how Dragons enjoy eating runite.
- In the early days of RuneScape 2, scorpions had the same sound set as rats.
- It is one of the only non quest monsters that do not drop any items on an f2p server.
Wikipedia has an article about: