|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|A follower of Saradomin.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|39 / 26 / 13|
5 ticks (3.0s)
Saradomin wizards are monsters that are encountered whilst doing hard clue coordinate Treasure Trails. They only appear for clues that are located outside of the Wilderness. They call out "For Saradomin!" upon appearing and attacking. They primarily attack with a combination of Air Surge and Saradomin Strike, and carry a poisoned dragon dagger as a sidearm.
A Saradomin wizard (or a Zamorak wizard) will always appear whilst digging at the location of a level 3 coordinate clue outside of the Wilderness, unless a player uses the Meerkat familiars special which brings up the casket/scroll box without disturbing the wizard.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Saradomin wizards are more powerful than their Wilderness-only counterparts, the Zamorak wizards. They attack primarily with the spell Air Surge, occasionally using Saradomin Strike, the latter being capable of draining the player's prayer points. They use these attacks regardless of the player's current prayers.
They can also pull out a dragon dagger and use its special attack, which deals a fair amount of melee damage and has a high chance to cause poison. The melee attack is only used if the player is within melee distance.
They have no weakness so all combat styles are effective in defeating them. Upon being defeated, they will teleport away.
A main drop is not guaranteed. Nothing being dropped is possible.
|Coins||77; 89; 240||Common||77–240|
|Air rune||60; 189||Uncommon||2,160–6,804|
|Earth rune||79; 107||Uncommon||1,580–2,140|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||40,774|
- Previously, wielding an Anti-poison totem before digging would not prevent the wizard from causing poison, even if the player was unpoisoned prior to digging. This was fixed on 15 June 2010.
- When the Saradomin wizard cast his spell, players could hear if it splashed or hit before the projectile reached them.
- Saradomin wizards will always attempt to get within melee distance of the player when using magic. A similar issue also affects the Zamorak wizard.
- They were accidentally removed from the game on 14 November 2014. They returned on 4 July 2016.
- Despite carrying a regular dragon dagger, Saradomin wizards are still capable of poisoning the player with melee attacks (even before EoC, when a posioned dragon dagger was graphically different).
- The way that Saradomin wizards (and by extension, Guthix wizards) inflict poison is different from most poisonous monsters; rather than having a chance to inflict it on a successful attack, they have a passive chance to inflict it with every game tick that passes, regardless of whether they are actually attacking and whether or not the attack inflicts damage. As a result, they are capable of rapidly lowering the duration of antipoison potions, so more than one dose may be necessary if the wizard is not killed quickly.
- There is a fairly rare glitch that enables the wizard to sometimes inflict poison when using Saradomin Strike, even if he does not use melee at all throughout the fight. This appears to be caused by their aforementioned poison mechanics, and therefore using Protect from Melee to disallow their poisonous melee attacks will prevent this from happening. Guthix wizards are also affected by this glitch.
- All clue scroll wizards and the Double agent received a graphical update as part of the clue scroll overhaul on 26 February 2018. Saradomin wizards received the following changes:
- Prior to their graphical update, Saradomin wizards would use the old reverse-grip attack animation with their daggers, despite holding them in a forward grip. The same glitch affected the non-wilderness version of the Guthix wizard.